The ''dreaded'' birthday cake

by RULES & REGULATIONS 49 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Just eat the damned cake and love it too!!

No one or anything or anyone will give a shit.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HOSER:

You hit the nail on the head.

I always believed the religion’s ban on celebrating holidays is really about separating their members from their non-Witness family and friends.. I always suspected it was about isolating a person! .. I remember when I joined they tried to separate me from my family and friends. I reasoned that an isolated Witness must be easier to ‘control’. 🙄

Then the JW can be shunned when they break any ‘rules’ and they supposedly won’t have anybody to turn to! Nice. Eh?

But, there’s another reason I think. They fear that if a JW experiences unconditional love and acceptance from people who aren’t judging them - they might wake up from the stupor and not want the religion anymore.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Banning of Holidays and Birthdays is just a way to isolate their members.

To keep the members focus on the Borg,,and keep away from themselves and families.

Rutherford adopted this,,the Borg accepted it and has enforced it ever since. Because its working for them.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

R&R - can you also add that JWs don’t celebrate because they are contrarians, Debbie-Downers, who can’t help but poke others in the eye with a stick at every opportunity, going so far beyond what is written that they are indistinguishable as a Christian religion.

Thanks! You are the best! THE BEST!!

LHG - by golly you nailed it exactly!!!! You are the best! THE VERY BEST!!!

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

BTW Herod Antipas was definitely a worshiper of Yahweh. It was his father who built the temple for crying out loud! Antipas (4th generation convert to Judaism) himself kept the Jewish purity laws and such. That is the reason the Gospels give for his being rebuked by John the Baptist! JTB does not condemn the birthday nor do the writers of the Gospels. What was condemned was that, as a practicer of Judaism, he ought not have taken his brother's wife who was still alive. (lev 20:21 and 18:16).

If anything, this story demonstrates that some worshipers of Yahweh did celebrate birthdays and were not condemned for it.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Not one person I know of or anyone else out there likes to admit they have been fooled or hoodwinked.

It's obvious that's what the Borg has done to us.

Scrapping of holidays & birthdays is nothing more than an isolation tool to keep the focus on the Borg,,and it seems to work for it's $heeple.

The Borg gives nothing but a flimsy,, feeble explanation as to why the holidays and birthdays were scrapped.

Theres an ulterior motive.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The money you'd spend on Birthday gifts and such.........the Governing Body(tm) (Pee be upon them), want it.

They need to continue to protect their like minded perverts in lawsuits.

• carla
    carla

When we have birthdays in our house (all non jw except husband) my jw runs for the hills when we start singing but then gets really sad after all the company is gone if we ate all the birthday cake or even worse! I gave the rest to the birthday girl/boy. He always asks for big piece and if whipped cream is involve a big pile of that too. He's a real rebel I guess.

• Riley
    Riley

The Taliban eat Ice Cream.

ISIS enjoy eating Ice Cream.

Eating Ice Cream makes you a terrorist.

Fun game we are playing here.

Seriously for people who have as many social events as the JWs do, to declare someones celebration as wrong is pretty silly. Even the biblical reasoning behind it is filmy at best. I don't think really is any evidence that first century Christians did or didn't celebrate birthdays or had any problem with it.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

I wonder if Rutherford crunched the numbers on holiday and birthday celebrations at Bethel and decided that it was costing "too much". He then justified his niggardly decision by creating a doctrine around it. Extending it beyond Bethel had the benefit of the rank and file having more to donate to Bethel. The social cost to millions of JWs since would never have mattered to such a man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit