Hi I'm new to the site

by Raque Invierno 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Raque said, "... i have been on the bringe of returning (about 6/7 times over the space of 16 years) "

I wonder if each one of those times you were worried that Armageddon was "SO close" and yet 16 years have gone by, and >nothing<.

Remember 1914? "Pastor" Russell originally predicted that in that year the Theocracy would be fully in charge of the Paradise Earth. He kept having to change his predictions because, as the Monty Python skit puts it, "SUDDENLY... nothing happened." And "nothing" is going to keep happening with each year the JWs pick.

Some suggest you read books by other XJWs. I'm going to suggest you DON'T read those books unless you want to. The reason why I say this is because you already know that The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society is a snare and a racket -- what else do you need to know?

• Raque Invierno
    Raque Invierno

As I said before i have a good relationship with my close family and that's bc they havent been too pushy with giving me magazines or fixated on my coming back but one that really got me was a strategically placed return to jehova brochure.

Another time was when a non jw aunt if mine passed away. I guess the negotiating fase of grieving...but that time was really close...

Once i left i considered myself agnostic and didnt really do any type of research but tried to avoid thinking about it so always had that "what if armaggedon IS coming tomorrow" in the back of my mind...but as Nathan Natas puts it suddenly...nothing happened hahahahaha

It just goes to show how well they have perfectioned the brainwashing that a person who isnt going to meetings regularly, isnt shunned, is leading a fulfilled life is still making themselves not think badly of the gb

After 16 years i feel like ive got a lot of catching up on information i want to do😊 will approach this just like have done with everything in my life...trying to learn from all that comes my way.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Welcome, Raque Invierno.

I'm so sorry that you have been through so much since so early in life. I hope you find the support you need here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit