Mega-Church buys JW Assembly Hall property in Indianapolis

by OrphanCrow 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

So, the beautiful plush assembly hall in Indianapolis is sold for a couple of million, which was paid for and refurbished by the JW's from all of the surounding circuits. Now if they decide to build a new assembly hall will the WTBTS tell the brothers, "Don't worry brothers, we got you covered for the money to build a new hall." Or will there be another push for more donations and personal loans to build another assembly hall to be sold after 20 years? And by the way the brothers have to spend their weekends, vacations, and evenings working on building the new hall to replace one that was very nice and paid for. The brothers pay for it, the brothers build it, the WTBTS owns it. Sounds fair to me.

• JeffT
    JeffT
    So renting is cheaper than owning.....

It doesn't make any difference to the WTBS. The rent will be included with the expenses of the assembly, which will be paid by the attendees, along with the the $10 per attendee or whatever the daily rate is these days. The WTBS will get its designated cut and the little people will pick up the tab for the building whether its $1 or $1,000,000.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I know when I was in I was pressured to not do work for churches. I ignored it. Hmmmm I wonder why I never made ms.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

But Brothers, three years ago we donated to the new assembly hall and it still isn't started yet. If we give more money when will it be started? Friends, It will be started SOON.

• Freeandclear
    Freeandclear

What a big load of horse shit this all is....the hypocrisy is just staggering.....

• cha ching
    cha ching

Good one Sour Grapes,

"But Brothers, three years ago we donated to the new assembly hall and it still isn't started yet. If we give more money when will it be started? Friends, It will be started SOON."

They now have 'overlapping generation' promises!

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

money money money they sure love their money at the borg

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

I suppose the question is - is it the right color??

• RGB values R:74, G:109, and B:167
    • Hexadecimal #4a6da7
    • CMYK values 85, 50, 5, and 5 per cent
    • Pantone 660.

From last weekend....

Hat tip to Petie Kinder

• JHK
    JHK

The Governing Body says: "Today buy --with your money-- and dedicated to sell tomorrow. The end is at hand!."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Funny.

Back when I was still in, if I had sold personal property to a church organization, I'm pretty sure the BOE'd have hauled my ass in to a JC...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit