Explosion on London Train

by cofty 31 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

What Sadiq Khan actually said was that part and parcel of living in a great global city is being prepared for these things. He wasn't passing it off as something to dismiss or resign ourselves to - well, the jury's still out on this one, I think.

Arguments can be made from both sides.

Sadiq Khan also said London is safe. Again, perhaps he should relax MPs' security so as to prove his point. Otherwise, he's just a smarmy arsehole.

The fact is that until Islamists join the rest of progressive and secular society - but they won't, will they. Islamists want to destroy secular society and replace it with Sharia.

The likelihood of Islamists joining us in the 21st century is about as likely as devout JWs publically criticising the GB.

Ain't gonna happen, unfortunately.

But thank goodness The West has drones, bombs and missiles for jihadi nutters. Every cloud ...

• freemindfade
  • Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

Those asking why so much terror attacks in western europe....... Many conservatives and republicans been warning that taking in hundreds of thousands from the jihad regions of ME would result from that. Thays why poland and hungary which refused to take any dont have those problems. Deport them or like francrs president said, they will have to have that as their daily life. So much for cultural enrichment.

• cofty
    cofty

The terror alert level in the UK has just been raised to the highest level - critical.

This means that an attack is believed to be imminent. It usually means the security services have specific information about a planned attack. It probably links to the bomber from this morning who has not been caught yet.

It was a home-made bomb with a timer but it failed to detonate properly. If it had worked there would have been many deaths. This makes six Islamic terrorist attacks in the UK so far this year.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

I have said it before and I will say it again: The police KNOW who attend these crazy mosques so WHY are those ppl allowed to roam free?

I say: Put the crazy radicals in camps with the freedom to leave the country for good should they so choose.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

UK authorities should begin a period of internment.

Lock up all the suspects on their 'terror list' and any outspoken sympathisers. Anyone who lives in the UK and calls for terrorist attacks on UK soil should also be rounded up and locked up.

Start deporting foreign-born people (after taking eye scans, DNA samples and fingerprints so that they can't come back to the UK) and start criminal proceedings against British-born people found to have broken the law.

The 'activist' crowd would be up in arms - apparently, extremists have a human right to be free to scope trains and buildings when planning terrorism - but I say fuck these useless bastards.

Internment is the way to deal with this problem.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Lock up all the suspects on their 'terror list' and any outspoken sympathisers. Anyone who lives in the UK and calls for terrorist attacks on UK soil should also be rounded up and locked up.

I don't entirely disagree with you however the US did this with Guantanamo Bay with little impact on Islamic terrorism. Worse still was the fact that some known jihadists came out with big payouts for their treatment there.

Internment without charge happened in Northern Ireland as well yet did not stop the terror. What did work was the people on both sides getting fed up with the violent minority and calling them out. So called moderate Muslims need to grab this problem by the balls and weed out the extremists from within and build a secular majority. But as you already rightfully point out they are not going to do this. The number of secular Muslims is tiny thanks to the religion being so backwards.

On a side note, this is a really interesting interview where a former CIA interrogator is clear about the benefit of what happened in Guantanamo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04xtpwr

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Well, the suspects shouldn't get any pay outs. Some can be released and monitored, maybe, but no pay outs.

The Islamist situation is different from the IRA troubles. The IRA war wasn't over religion - it was about Ireland's independence. The Islamist problem is about religion. 'Islamism' is another way of saying political Islam. Muslims in the UK can unite against the Islamists but this won't stop the Islamists. This minority-within-a-minority needs to be physically stopped ... either detained or shot.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Well, the suspects shouldn't get any pay outs. Some can be released and monitored, maybe, but no pay outs.

Too late fella - it's already happened....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/22/17-british-guantanamo-detainees-20m-compensation-fund-now/

I get the difference between what happened in Ireland with the fundamental Islamist problem, I just question the long term realities of lancing the boil with yet more violence and preemptive "justice". I can't argue with the fact that certainly it would stop terror attacks happening in the short term plus the idea of pushing the problem back to it's geographic source and regaining our peace of mind is certainly attractive, it's just you are dealing with an ideology, a mental conditioning that can only be changed if the bottom up mindset changes. That's where the wider Muslim community comes in but we are looking at decades, if not centuries, before the majority of Muslims globally are close to where the secular population is.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Too late fella - it's already happened - no, when I say "no pay outs", I'm referring to my proposed internment of terrorists, would-be terrorists and extremists in the UK.

I just question the long term realities of lancing the boil with yet more violence and preemptive "justice" - so how do you think the UK government should deal with the Islamist problem?

The floor is all yours ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit