"A little leaven ferments the whole batch of dough". A way to make witnesses think!?

by stuckinarut2 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

I think most are capable of understanding it. I use it every chance I get.

Once, I popped into a KH parking lot about the time I knew some would be returning from Field Service on a Saturday morning, around 11:30 or so.

Using only this information, after about 5 to 8 minutes, I was able to get an elder to make the following statement:

"If what you are telling me is true, then I'm in the wrong place".

I have had many JW's (and family members) appear dumbfounded when simply asked to show even one scripture in the NT that shows how a person can get their sins forgiven while outside of the New Covenant.

The key is not to preach to the JW, but to ask them to instruct you about this supposed salvation outside of the New Covenant. Of course it doesn't exist.

This is the entire purpose of the Watchtower, to get people to turn down the FREE GIFT of pardon. If someone is bound and determined to turn it down, then so be it. But most JW's are utterly unaware of what they are choosing. If we love them, we will help them to see what their choice actually involves.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, I remember that well used illustration about "just one drop of poison in the glass"

We all used that to denounce false religions.

So , it is similar for witnesses. If the society is guilty of JUST ONE falsehood or scandal, no matter how "small" the issue is, then surely they are NOT God's channel on earth!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STUCKINARUT:

I'm of the opinion that you can do nothing to "reason" with a JW who is still in and has no reason (yet) to question the religion.

Many JWs no longer know what they are supposed to believe in and cannot intelligently explain it to anybody. They are there because of emotion and wishful thinking. They are like kids in grade school who are on one team and yell they are better than the other one.

The only way a Witness is going to realize something is wrong is when they personally experience and FEEL it. It is very personal when somebody has seen the light about it and decide its over. Nobody else can make them see or feel anything until it becomes real to them.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

True LHG. True.

I guess this method is something I want to try not just to attempt to reason with a witness, but also to show them that "we" (ie all of us that have seen the 'truth' and left), have not done so over some personal slight, but due to valid "scriptural" reasons.

Now I don't personally subscribe to the bible or any belief structure nowadays, but using the bible is a way of establishing a foundation for discussion and disarming those still in.

• Perry
    Perry

Stuckinarut is 'right on' in my opinion. JW's must be defeated on their own ground.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Quite frankly Perry I dont think the average JW would be able to follow your logical take on this reasoning .

They just dont have the mental capacity to grasp all you are saying .

• Perry
    Perry
    They just don't have the mental capacity to grasp all you are saying .

This is why when witnessing to people, especially JW's a person MUST speak to the conscience. The con + science , literally means "with knowledge". It knows.

Although the intellect may pretend laziness, the conscience does not, except in rare cases of sociopathy.

Jesus spoke to the Jews differently than he commanded the apostles to speak to the gentiles. Why? Because the gentiles were far less educated in the laws and wisdom of God. To the Jews, the message was the Kingdom. To the gentiles the message was JUDGMENT.

Acts 10: 39

we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:

Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;

Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.

And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

This is the message to the gentiles that brought down the Roman Empire without drawing a sword. If we want to be successful in bringing down the WT, we must follow the Master's instructions. The message to JW's (as for the rest of us) is one of Judgment. And, it is coming AFTER we die. (Hebrews 9:27)

The Watchtower has a gaping hole in its theology so big you can drive London city bus through it.

JW'S ARE GUILTY BEFORE THE LORD AND HAVE NO WAY TO GET THEIR SINS FORGIVEN.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Perry, with respect, not only does the Watchtower have a "gaping hole in their theology that you can drive a London city bus through it", but so too does the bible itself.

The bible is full of gaping holes. The concept that it is "God's word" is flawed.

However, for the purposes of opening a JWs mind, those scriptures in my opening post may help establish a groundwork for a discussion to take place that can lead to them seeing that the GB are not spokesmen for an Almighty God...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit