How things are in JW land right now?

by Hellothere 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

LHG sees the Zoom effort for what is is. WTC said it was a means to distribute spiritual food when they started using it, but it became yet another means of control. It just wasn’t enough to distribute food when an opportunity to control the sheep is there.

i witnessed the control aspect play out over my decades in the org, and I concluded that they were not spiritual and not interested in spiritual things.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I wanted to hang a rifle on the wall and wear my hopalong outfit. Didn't. Mostly off. Diabetics need their OJ for sugar deficit. Not saying that was it, but ......

• Biahi
    Biahi

I wonder if the person complaining about the orange juice thought that there was vodka in it.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I also think it’s absurd to expect people to get all dressed up just to be in their own living room.

So true ,and then to have busybodys critisize you for what they see you dressed like ? or what you have in your living room ?

Unbeleivable !

Anybody who put`s up with that needs their head examined .

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ROAD TO NOWHERE:

Don’t laugh. Even if the rifle on your wall didn’t shoot and belonged to your grandfather, if Witnesses on Zoom saw it they would comment and you would get a phone call saying it ‘stumbled’ people and you must remove it.

I don’t know about anybody else, but I would refuse to tolerate this intrusiveness and commentary. The camera would be Off..on principle alone.

As SMIDDY3 says:..anybody who would put up with this should have their heads examined. Sadly, JWs are like the proverbial frogs in the hot water who don’t realize they are slowly being boiled. This is what happens when personal boundaries are broken down and people don’t speak up. I would have spoken up and been considered a ‘problem’.

This is just one of many reasons I’m Glad I’m Out of the religion.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

It'd be funny to put on a shirt, tie, and jacket, then sit for the meeting. But if you get up, everyone sees that you did not put on pants.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Did you bring enough orange juice for everyone?

• Mum
    Mum

I've been free for over 40 years. Yet, I had a dream about being in a family getting ready for the meeting. The wife decided not to go with the child. There was a teenage girl in the home, and she had a "worldly" job. I was in one of the bedrooms listening to everything, and I heard my name mentioned, saying I'd probably go. I said I didn't want to. Meanwhile, the teenager walks up to me and says, as I say the same thing, "I HATE those meetings!" I reassured her that she was doing the right thing by working and saving money to get out. Sometimes I think I had a previous life as a JW. Strange indeed!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

just the usual governing body praise in dubland these days

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    biahi - I wonder if the person complaining about the orange juice thought that there was vodka in it.

They should have said it was Whiskey and they're following the fine example of Brother A Morris 3rd of the Governing Body(tm) (Pee be upon them).

Next, they will work on getting outrageously drunk and slurring their words. Following of course, the fine example set by one of Christ's Brothers(tm).

As one poster said, 'the Tony Morris class'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit