How things are in JW land right now?

by Hellothere 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sheol-do
    sheol-do

We're about 60/40 weekends and 40/60 midweek.

However it's the TOTAL attendance that's down massively. We're down all up 20-30% consistently on during COVID meeting attendances. That's a more telling number...

Edit: Also field service (D2D) very poorly supported. People are scared to go out and will do anything to drag out discussions at groups, do a few doors then having something else to do, minor inclement weather and oops we'll do letter writing (not even phone calls).

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

It takes more fuel to get a car up to speed than to keep it at the same speed. WTC was already struggling to motivate the R&F BEFORE the pandemic. They coasted to a stop. No matter how hard they push and threaten, the R&F are not speeding up to pre-pandemic levels. The harder they push, the worse it seems to get. I am cautiously beginning to think that this may be the end for them. I could be wrong...

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

The pandemic was talked up as a sign we are in the last day of the last part of the last part of the last day before the last day, or whatever it was Stephen Lett said.

Now the world is returning to normal maybe a lot have woken up to the fact that the pandemic hasn't led to the new system and that this earth just keeps spinning, regardless of what the GB say is going to happen.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

This is what I hear from the few JWs I keep in contact with:

Even though they are supposedly back to in-person meetings, two of these people attend on Zoom because they are older and have health issues.. But, they keep their camera OFF.. I had heard of problems people faced who had their cameras on. There were criticisms about their appearance/dress plus unwelcome questions about something seen on their walls!.. Imagine the nerve? This would be enough to make me switch off my camera too!.. Unfortunately, it seems to me Zoom opened up another area of problems: no privacy and no boundaries.

During the pandemic they thought they should be able to reach John Q Publisher 24/7. Imagine? They thought since people were ‘home’ during the pandemic that they should be available around the clock for intrusive and unwanted conversations and meetings on Zoom!

The religion really does push people out the door whether they know it or even care!

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

One of my still in relatives was on zoom and was called out for having a glass of orange juice. From then on he turns his camera off. I think he is turning pimo with the questions he is asking.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

They should go into politics then being leaders in Christian congregation.

Mark 10:42-45 Jesus called them to him and said to them, “You know that those who are considered rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. But it shall not be so among you

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FOOLEDNOMORE:

I am sure there are many instances like that. I wouldn’t tolerate it and the camera would remain OFF.. I also think it’s absurd to expect people to get all dressed up just to be in their own living room.

What everybody forgets is that when JWs went to meetings at the hall - when they came home and closed the door they had privacy. It was up to THEM to decide who to invite over and see inside their home. With Zoom - people with their camera on have to think about what can be seen by uninvited strangers looking into their home. Who needs aggravation and unwanted commentary???Mind you, these people have nothing to ‘hide’.. No Christmas decorations, etc.

To me it’s just the principle of the thing. It is an invasion of privacy. It’s easier to just leave the camera off, in my opinion. My friends who turned their camera off have peace of mind.

Just thinking about all this makes me happy I’m not in the religion anymore.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JOEY JOJO:

Yes, you are correct that a lot have woken up to the fact that the Covid pandemic did not bring about the End they’d hoped for.

From what I’ve heard, a lot of older Witnesses are very disappointed over this!.. They were expecting to be in the ‘new system’ by now.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    fooly - One of my still in relatives was on zoom and was called out for having a glass of orange juice.

Still with the pious, sanctimonious bullies in the cult, I see.

they don't know love. Just self righteousness like stazi.

Boomin' idiots.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PUNKOFNICE:

This thing about having Zoom cameras on so they can not only see you but also see into somebody’s home, was bound to cause problems for the rank & file JWs. It was inevitable.

This only allowed ‘bullies’ in the religion to believe that somebody’s home is an extension of the kingdom hall, which it is not. That’s why my JW friends turned their camera off and I agree with them!.. Anybody else who doesn’t mind this can have the world look into their life and home.. To each his own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit