Name a few errors in the bible

by JH 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JH
    JH

As you know the bible is a translation from Greek and Hebrew.

What would be the biggest errors in the bible? And how about the New World translation bible, what errors did they make?

Not finding the name Jehovah in the new testament sounds weird to me.

• JH
    JH

In Revelation is Jesus of Jehovah the Alpha and Omega?

Who is the first and the last???

*riddle*

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

Genesis chapter one and Genesis chapter two do not agree, and are in fact two different myths...

seems like if it can't even work in the first two chapters-it isn't worth my time to read any more of it.

Ravyn

• gumby
    gumby

Heres one for ya,

• (1) "And God said, Let there be light" (Gen. 1:3) and "...And the evening and the morning were the first day" (Gen. 1:5), versus "And God said, 'Let there be light in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night.... ' "And God made two lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.... And the evening and morning were the fourth day" (Gen. 1:14-19).
    • (a) God created light on the first day; yet there were no moon, sun or stars until the fourth day;
    • (b) how could it be known when the first three days ended if there was no sun until the fourth day?; and
    • (c) How could morning be distinguished from evening, if the sun and the moon were yet to be created?
  • Gumby

• Simon
    Simon

"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth"

The Elohim used here is translated "God" (singular) but is used to signify "Gods" (plural) elsewhere in the bible.

Kind of get's off on the wrong foot doesn't it !

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

ROTFLMAO! Only a few?

• gumby
    gumby

Heres one for the dubs,

When was God first called Jehovah?

(Genesis 4:26) long before Moses, men began to call on the name of the Lord, "Jehovah",
    (Genesis 22:14) Abraham named a place Jehovah-jireh. "The Lord will provide."
    (Exodus 6:2-3) God informed Moses that previously His name (Jehovah) had been unknown even to the patriarchs such as Abraham Isaac and Jacob.

Gumby

• neverthere
    neverthere

Although not from the translation to english but thanks to King James one passage in the bible was changed as such (or so I have been told)

To: "Thou Shalt not suffer a witch to live"

King James was trying to stamp out paganism at the time

(Sorry if my spelling is off, ran out of coffee this morning)

Neverthere

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

OMG! Neverthere! no coffee.....here have some of mine...... (_)D

**said the witch to soon-to-be poisoned...**

muahahahahahahaahahaaaaaa!

Ravyn (trying to be funny)

• neverthere
    neverthere

Rayvn; OMG LMFAO

Thanks for the coffee!!!!!! Really needed it.

ACCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK, was there poison in there???????

Neverthere, (going along with Rayvn being funny)
    LOLOLOL

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit