GB voice of Jesus....

by enoughisenough 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

A short sweet video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eKihoCZyFg She put a link to the whole video if you care to watch. Here is the thing that came to my mind: By isolating just that part, the part sounds rather hubris, shocking, audacious. When the JW hear it couched in a talk and woven in with scriptures, they will take it in without giving a real thought as to what is really being said.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

A big WOW to that..... amazing. Thanks for posting.

Thankfully, Jesus warned us this would happen.

Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. - Mt. 24:4-5

Jesus said, "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me" ( John 10:27 )

Why would Jesus say to listen to his voice when the GB says to listen to theirs? Was Jesus trying to protect us?

• AEnEm
    AEnEm

Hideous and scary stuff. "The Governing Body could be likened to" lots of things - but not "the voice of Jesus"!

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

The quote blasphemy is at the 3.25 mark - just to save you listening to more than you need to!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

WE have Geofrey Jackson lying to the Australain Royal Commision that ''that would be presumptious''. Then this video comes out about Jesus being equivalent to the governing body.

How can the rank and file JW be obliviously blind to all of this. It's called ''mind control''.

• blondie
    blondie

I used to wonder as I grew up in the WTS, who does the WTS say in print who speaks with Jesus' voice.

1976: How then will people today hear the voices of God and his Chief Shepherd? By hearing God’s commands and principles as set forth in the Scriptures. Who will tell them? Not the clergy! No, but only Jehovah’s Witnesses carry on work of preaching the good news of the Kingdom and teaching Bible truth in all the earth. Though Jesus Christ is not now speaking in person, people can ‘hear his voice’ through visible representatives, even as overseer Paul made appeal as substituting for Christ. (visible representatives--2013

THE VISIBLE PART OF JEHOVAH’S ORGANIZATION INCLUDES:

1. The Governing Body

2. Branch Committees

3. Traveling overseers

4. Bodies of elders

5. Congregations

6. Each congregation publisher

2023 Today Jehovah leads the earthly part of his organization by means of “the faithful and discreet slave. (And what has the WTS identified as that organization and only that organization...?) See the list above

• AEnEm
    AEnEm

This very odd expression has actually made some start to think. I have heard family members and congregation members mention it in a faintly negative way - testing the waters with me and others to see if they thought it was odd too. Yes - it's blasphemy, idolatry, stupidity, insanity etc. depending on your point of view/belief system!

Another nail in the coffin. Keep it up guys!

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Once again, watchtower corporation's use of weasel words.

"Could be likened to".

Clever not to get a gb member to deliver that piece.

If Angus Stewart were to ask "do you claim to be the voice of jesus?"

The gb standard response would be "It would be presumptuous of us to say that".

And yet the watchtower congregants continue to fall for the deceitful discourse.

jtg

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

So when exactly does the GBspeak words likened to Jesus himself talking? Hmmmmm.... Let's see...

1. Is it when the GB members are saying nutty things in the broadcasts - many of which bear no resemblance to the substance of what Jesus taught. Maybe not the broadcast then...

2. Perhaps it is when they publish the Watchtower, other publications and videos? Probably not since they often have to correct or discontinue doctrinal errors/changes that get made. When could it be???????

3. Could it be when they testify under oath like when Geoffrey Jackson testified before the Australian Royal Commission. Hmmmm.... Since they don't stand actually stand for the things he said about it being presumptuos to say they were the only path to true religion, maybe Ken Flodin was not referring to these times...

4. Maybe it's when they give talks for conventions! Well...... they have said so many incorrect things dating back to Rutherford's day that it can't be their talks... Jesus didn't have to be fact-checked nor seek to bury untruths.

5. It must be when they talk at informal gatherings then. Oh wait, there are so many testimonial accounts of nutty unscriptural, unchristian things they said in informal gatherings, it can't be then that they were speaking like Jesus himself....

What is it then???? When HAVE their words been likened to Jesus words??!! Perhaps they speak through men like Philip Brumley who was just fined over $154K for misrepresenting the current role of the PA corporation in it's dealings with the congregations and with CSA cases. On second thought, that is the most unlikely time I would think since Jesus wasn't a blatant liar.

Well - I am stumped. Maybe someone can enlighten me as to when they actually speak words that are the equivalent of Jesus words. Brother Flodin - please weigh in. You read this forum I am sure.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

ThomasMore, you left out: the vaccines! and many wanted to obey Jesus so they partook of the poison.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit