GB voice of Jesus....

by enoughisenough 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Enough is enough - good catch! i upvoted your comment. Thanks for keeping me on my toes!

• blondie
    blondie

I found this in the 2022 WT February Study article:

• So when a person agrees to study the Bible with us, we face the challenge of helping him to build trust in Jehovah and trust in His earthly representatives.

The plain truth is that we cannot say that we trust in Jehovah if we do not trust in his earthly representatives​—those whom Jehovah trusts." Thus it seems that the WTS (Jehovah's earthly representatives per the WTS) are the ones that people have to go through, that the WTS/GB is the authority. Where is Jesus in this quote? The WTS puts Jesus in a secondary place to the GB then. I have done a search to see how often "Jesus" alone is referred to. More often it is "Jehovah and Jesus" or similar. I checked how many WT songs highlighted Jesus rather than Jehovah. It was amazing to me how even in their songs, Jesus has disappeared. And I checked the New Testament in the RNWT and never are Jesus' followers referred to as "Jehovah's witnesses) only "witnesses of Jesus." The WTS uses this deception to write Jesus out of their theology.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit