My Introduction

by Ray Frankz 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tallon
    Tallon

Hello Ray

Welcome to the forum. There are a great bunch of people on the forum and are more than willing to share their experiences and advice. I've certainly learnt a lot from the numerous comments.

Looking forward to reading your future posts.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome Ray F I am from the state of Virginia, USA!

May I make a quick suggestion or two.

#1. get rid of the No Blood card it is comparable to carrying around a suicide note.

Traumatic injury , accidents, violence, etc. is the leading cause of death for people up to the age of 40. The JWs take pride in the fact that they are the only religion in the world who don't accept a life saving Blood transfusion. That is not proof of their faith it is proof of their stupidity.

#2. Be very careful discussing your new feelings and thoughts about the 'truth' with people still in. Most are in for the social community and don't care if there are changes (new Light). Those that have strong feelings about the Society , the brothers and sisters will reveal your concerns to the Elders. Which will in turn mark you in different ways. It is best to keep your research and thoughts to yourself. Even Ray Franz who was certainly a loyal JW learned the hard way that his obedience was more important then his faith.

#3. Start to change your thinking, you are now approaching the long game....... a life time of many many years. The WTBTS teach's that Armageddon is just around the corner so they preach the short game.

Hence they have taught that education is not that important. However to have a successful life....... education, a profession, a good career is very important. So is your health both mental and physical. Being out does not mean you can live a reckless life style and not pay a penalty.

this is my first post and i'm feeling like i'm doing something bad big time!

Well it would be strange if you didn't feel that way. We were all hard wired to believe from childhood....it takes time to unspool that hard wiring. This is part of the reason you were talking to various ones still in. So please heed the warning to avoid those kinds of conversations. This is the right place to vent, ask questions and share what you want to share.

As far as your personal beliefs go........ do not put unnecessary pressure on yourself. If you believe in God and his Son that's your choice.

• Alive!
    Alive!

- The organization fosters a kind of Darwinian spirituality, so-to-speak, as a survival of the fittest

• Alive!
    Alive!

Welcome.

Quoted the above .....spot on.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

RayFrankz, Thanks for posting. "I defended the JWs every time, but sometimes I had to be dishonest to them..." Once you accept that the one you were being dishonest with was yourself you will see things differently I'm sure. It took courage to post and in my experience, if you posted here and aren't interested in trolling, and I am convinced you are NOT a troll, you are on your way and I am happy for you. Any questions? We are here for you.

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz

#1. get rid of the No Blood card it is comparable to carrying around a suicide note.

Yes, that's already on my plans. I certainly don't want to die because of such a stupid Crazy-Rutherford rule.

I, however, have to fears.

1) Relatives and elders being able to get to me while I'm awake to start discuss bloody (no pun intended) subject while I'm riding to death.

2) They sueing the doctors for doing their job.

• Giordano
    Giordano

1). Relatives and elders getting to you.

While waiting for a procedure deflect any interest in discussing the Blood Ban. While in the Hospital ............ban any visits from the Elders and or JW relatives.

2) I don't see any grounds for a law suit against Doctors who are following your wish's which should be 'any proper medical treatment to safe guard your life.' You can even replace your Blood Card with a simple notarized statement that permits any and all treatments.

Above all you don't need to submit to reckless beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit