Welcome to the forum and to the freedom to share your thoughts, doubts, discoveries and progress. So many things tripped me up that seemed dishonest and hypocritical about JW organization that finally I HAD to face the facts and deal with them. Truth doesn't change nor does it need to be sheltered by a lie. It will always find its way to the surface.
Some of the issues that triggered it for me:
- NGO membership and alignment with United Nations
- Investment in Raytheon (defense)
- YMCA membership issue vs a vis NGO
- Much of the Revelation Book by JW that claim WT events fulfill Bible prophecies.
- Tithing - used to be proud of fact we don't pass the hat so to speak until recent changes with the swipping of deeds, deposits and surreptitious implementation of passive aggressive pressure for congregation and congregants to commit to monthly "commitments to Jehovah" for a certain level of contribution.
- Lack of love shown by their regular preaching of judgement amongst the congregation of any suspected of being spiritually weak and encouraging distancing from these ones, including natural family members who may not be JWs or are "weak" JWs. This really was the breaking point for me when I really listened and heard these directives from the platform to my family and my Bible studies. Could not support this and was a victim of this directive. It did not motivate me to be "stronger" but made me feel rejected, somewhat dejected, then angry at the shallow reaction to just preemptively shun without knowing anyone but just making assumptions of their spiritual strength....
- The organization fosters a kind of Darwinian spirituality, so-to-speak, as a survival of the fittest
- Boasts of not using titles of priest, etc. but revels in labels reflecting a competitive, hierarchical, caste-system - Pioneer, "Special" Pioneer, "Active" Publisher vs. "Inactive" Publisher, etc.
Hope you find a peaceful balance that brings you and your family joy.