What will happen when they go full cult mode

by RobertT18 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zeb
    zeb

It will happen when the gb approaches' their own death and panic that they haven't any martyrs to prove to god how good they have been. when they see the need for martyrs!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

What will happen? they will haemorrhage even more members!

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

Its quite an interesting question when you think about it. How would the Witness population react if the GB went into full on crazy mode? When I think about the congregation I go to here in Australia, I think that while there might be a week or two of excitement, most would back off and water down any hard core message they were told to say. And I wager that any hard core actions demanded by the GB wouldn't be done at all. This is because Witnesses today are spoon feed spiritual babies. And without the self-researched bible based conviction that generations of long ago may of had, I doubt that many at all today would REALLY sacrifice their job, their house or their physical things in blind obedience to the organization, let alone stand up to a squad of riot police or pass the firing squad test. How many do you know would stand up and be the 'tank man' of Tienanmen Square? Very few I expect.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ROBERT T:

I can't see it happening because it's not in their best interest publicity-wise. IF they decide to go into full idiot (oops, I meant cult-mode), they will present an even worse image to the fed-up public who already can't stand them calling!

NO ZOMBIE:

You make a good point. I doubt if many JWs of today would stand up and be like the tank men of Tianenmen Square. I'm sure the people at the top would never do this and will be laying low at their luxury retirement complexes. Also, the more intelligent of the rank & file would never do it either...My guess: only the most zealous, deluded rank & file JWs might stage disruptive sit-ins or the like. I hope it doesn't happen.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Then the police in riot gear will storm them all hiding in the basements.....

Didnt you all see the prophetic video at this years convention??

• Wayward
    Wayward

How will people react? Very few will even pay attention.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

The government would intervene and demand that the GB take an IQ test and

see the psychiatrist to determine if they are psychotic.

They would be a danger to society.

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

Then they will receive a shovel and instructions to know how to bury all the non JWs and will be appointed as regular or special gravedigger.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

GB speaking with psychiatrist: Why do you feel the world will end and 8 billion will die?

Lett: Because the snake deceived Adam and Jehovah allowed us to correct our error for

over 7000 or maybe 6000 years. Now it's time to collect. He told us in this generation things

will take place, but that generation may last longer than a normal generation they overlap.

So the generation may last 100 or maybe 200 years.We know this because he only communicate

with us..

Psychiatrist: OK fellows, but you know you guys are as nutty as a fruitcake.

• zeb
    zeb

I have a fear that enough fanatics will go out and cause social trouble.

This will be done to purge out those 'weak' ones who wont do this dastardly thing. The gb would be hoping as they sit in their NY castle that the campaign will cause the world to 'sit up and take notice' (fav wt expression) and in resultant clashes with Police forces around the world and also mob/street violence they will have another generation of martyrs. But, later on they can say "we gave you the message but you.. CHOSE to go out and get arrested beaten up and lose your property and your lives". Just as they have done to the jw in Malawi.

This penchant for occasional outbursts of civil disobedience to advance their stinking cause has been made known indeed impressed on here to the ARC and I hope they incorporate it in their final report to the Federal government so as to head off the destruction and despair of a lot of dim well meaning people who are basically good citizens and if such a campaign is brought about perhaps the arraignment of its authors the gb.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit