Talked to JWs Today at a Cart Stand

by Sea Breeze 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

They were positioned in a walk way and I had to go right pass them. I tried to keep walking but my legs went straight to them like they had a mind of their own.

They pointed to John 17:3 on how to get saved. They then went to 1Peter3:18

1 Peter 3:18

“For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust,”

I showed them Mt. 26:27-28 where it says the new covenant is “for the forgiveness of sins”.

I asked how they hoped to get their sins forgiven while rejecting the NC for themselves.

They said that they already answered my question and that I was making them feel uncomfortable.

So, I left. No arguing.

Brought back soooo many memories of getting shut down as a kid when I asked the “wrong question”.

I started having a panic attack while walking away.

Any other born-ins get panic attacks after talking to active JW’s?

• cofty
    cofty

I have felt tense while talking to JWs on occasions. Before they all went hiding from covid I used to talk to them frequently in Edinburgh. I find the best results come from being really relaxed and friendly on approach and introduce humour when possible.

I've had some good long conversations. At other times my sole objective has been to make them pack up and leave which is also satisfying!

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The last time I engaged with jws I mentioned the concern I had with 'solutions' that require the death of billions of people. And compared it to the isis theology. They used the old god is doing the killing response. I asked if there really was a philosophical difference. They switched to talking about how jws we're different from isis because they we're allowed to have fun. Both ladies then reassured me they were going out to cocktails after preaching. My wife who was giving me a cold stare, called to me at that point.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Both ladies then reassured me they were going out to cocktails after preaching.

Probably figured they earned a couple indulgences. Make it a double..

• Biahi
    Biahi

I bet they needed cocktails after cart work. 😂

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Both ladies just playing "follow the leader" - Anthony Moron da Turd.

((( GLUG-GLUG-GLUG )))

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I don't think I can bring myself to confront JWs. But that's because I shy away from confrontation in general, and I probably wouldn't feel as if there was enough at stake to challenge them. And seeing my old JW self in their replies would be so weird and awkward.

I do recall a point when I was sitting on a bench waiting to be picked up by a friend, and a JW sat down next to me and started preaching. This was the first time I ever played along, and I was struck at how simplistic the sales pitch was, when I was finally seeing it from the other end instead of delivering it to someone else. I think that's why the GB stress that they are not to engage anyone who challenges them. They realize how poorly prepared they are to defend the JW belief structure.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    my legs went straight to them like they had a mind of their own.

I imagine an Irish Riverdance movement.

They said that they already answered my question and that I was making them feel uncomfortable.

The cognitive Dissonance was starting to kick in....or the Aposta-Radar was on.

Of course, I could have been because you were Riverdancing around them.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

To any thinking JW, the cognitive dissonance must be just off the chart.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

When I walk up to any Jw's at their cart they usually start packing up and leave real quick. Especially when I start asking questions. Questions really cause problems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit