Jehovah's Witnesses suing Dutch State for discrimination

by Tahoe 24 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

From that thread: "What if it’s the JW organization that’s destroyed while all other religions are left standing?"

Turnabout is fair play.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

NotFormer,,thats right!

But in JWdom land,,,its inconceivable. Unthinkable.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Beth Sarim - “…inconceivable… unthinkable…”

The way the wind’s been blowing lately, though? It’s a metric fuck-ton more plausible.

And the irony’d be thick enough to choke an alligator.

😏

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I smash your like button!!! Haha

• careful
    careful

Vidiot:

So, they lost the case:

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/18hej08/judge_state_did_not_discriminate_against_jehovahs/

Frankly, at this point, I’m kinda surprised the Org even bothered in the first place…

…they’ve been losing in court so often lately, it feels like “ugh, what’s the point?”

They may have felt, "We have to do something!" Even after the loss, they will probably console themselves with "at least we tried."

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

If lost, would there be court costs, etc. they would pay? If so, does anyone know how much?

Looks good on them - all they try to do is divert by saying out loud they are innocent -and call out other religions or organizations that do the same thing to blind they pubs eyes as to what is really going on and look like they are fighting satans world against the courts and media

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It’s easy for loyal JWs to ignore bad news when it’s presented in the popular media… it’s notoriously unreliable, after all…

but…

when it’s a matter of official Public Record, more and more testimony and personal experience backs it up, and the Org keeps losing over and over and over (i.e. God doesn’t miraculously deliver them or provide a victory against all odds)

…it becomes harder and harder to simply hand-wave it all away.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Back in the glory days, winning court cases against overreaching governments was a good look, and among the ranks, I imagine it was easy to believe that they were on the winning ("Jehovah's") side. But now they are seen as losing more often than not. And the new environment of losing often is in the GB's chickens coming home to roost, the doctrinal distinctives that fly in the face of basic human decency.

We all know what they should be doing, the things that they stubbornly refuse to embrace. Sure, keep the blood doctrine, but make it truly a conscience issue, without repercussions such as disfellowshipping or forced disassociation. And encourage JWs to go straight to the police at the slightest whiff of CSA matters, without requiring the involvement of the elders at all. And kill the two witnesses rule. Stop pressuring minors to become members, then shunning them. Make baptism something that can only be done at 18; introduce some watered down version for minors, some way they can signify their intent to eventually be baptised that doesn't carry the risk of disfellowshipment if it doesn't all work out.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Jeezus, Not

…they make that many changes, they’d hardly even BE “Jehovah’s Witnesses” any more.

😵‍💫

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    NotFormer - I like his face.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit