The people are mobilizing Mr Drumpf

by Simon 127 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Have to say I disagree with the NYTimes article.

Barack Obama was elected to the White House because of identity politics - everyone thought how great it would be for America to have its first 'black' president (strictly speaking, Obama isn't black, he's mixed race). Obviously lots of people of colour bought into it but so did many white liberals.

And now after two terms in power, we find out that Obama didn't do particularly good - he's just as inadequate as your common-or-garden white Prez.

People have had enough of ideals and milestones and might want a change, someone who doesn't care for political correctness and just wants to get on with it. It seems a verbally-incontinent lunatic called Trump has recognised this.

Clearly lots of Trump supporters are racist bigots but I think many perhaps aren't. It seems that there are big problems lurking underneath American society.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Neverknew and Simon, said

"in·su·lar - ignorant of or uninterested in cultures, ideas, or peoples outside one's own experience."

If you think that what I said was ignorant, then why can't you say why it is?
    Racism is not about color, it is about cultural flaws.

In years past Bill Cosby used to talk much about the problems in the black culture. How people forget.

A black man went on American Idol to perform a song he wrote called "pants on the ground" to show how stupid the youth were for doing that. Why are ordinances being considered about pants hanging down?

If blacks are a minority then why does the nightly news show more blacks on crime reports?

It is not my experience that I am reporting on.

My point is that racism is caused by others' choice in not being normal. Same with the Muslims wearing scarves. Not normal.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Oh, the GOP is trying to get rid of him but their racist, ignorant, xenophobic base wants this jerk. This shameless Party has created for decades these prejudices and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

DY

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Hate breeds hate.

Trump and his followers must be stopped by any means necessary, as Malcolm X once said. Screw peace, it's fighting time.

DY

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Gilbeath said " Half a congregation in Philadelphia was Df'ed because they went out to vote for Obama because he was black. "

Obama is not black. He is a shade of brown. But regardless, he is a good guy.

And people don't get df'd because of voting. They get df'd for telling others they did.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"Trump and his followers must be stopped by any means necessary, as Malcolm X once said. Screw peace, it's fighting time."

Why? Trump is what is needed at this time. The hero that we deserve. Yes, it is fighting time. And when America stopped doing that, they stopped being great.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

There is always room for improvement in everything. America is already great.

DY

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

done4good - "The GOP has been blowing that dog whistle a long time. The Donald has just lowered the pitch enough so all can hear it."

I've felt for some time that Trump personifies the Right Wing to a degree we've never seen before.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Rattigan350

My point is that racism is caused by others' choice in not being normal. Same with the Muslims wearing scarves. Not normal.

Who the hell are you to tell women not to wear scarves (for any reason, not just religious) because you say it's not 'normal'? Rainbow colored bow ties are not 'normal.' Would you justify the denigration of a person who wore one?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Prediction: John Kasich will be the next president of the United States.

Well he is the best candidate from the Republican side, but you underestimate how stupid and fickle the American public is.

Large swaths of Americans are little interested or moved by a serious candidate who is reasonable. They want drama and entertainment. The last Republican debate was considered boring by Americans, because despite being the most substantive of all of them, it didn't have the name calling, and fighting that previous ones had.

In summary, America will get the president it deserves, sadly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit