Why does the Society lie about not soliciting funds from door to door?

by truthseeker 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Feel sorry for the Society???? You ARE kidding, right??? You DO realize that the AMERICAN holdings alone are in excess of $951 MILLION??

Why on EARTH should I feel sorry for THEM?? Part of that money was the college education my siblings and I were unable to pursue, because we had to Put Kingdom Interests First™. Part of that money was a trip to Disneyland that we couldn't afford, because we had to Put Kingdom Interests First™. Part of that money was piano lessons, dancing lessons, art lessons, soccer/baseball/track and field/skating lessons..... which we could not afford, because we had to Put Kingdom Interests First™. Part of that money could have provided for my parents in their old age, in a pension plan, but instead it went to Put Kingdom Interests First™.

I hope NOBODY buys into the "poor Watchtower Society" scam, because it's families and children and elderly people without pensions who made the WTS publishing company as rich as it is today.

Love, Scully

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

ARRRGGGHHH!

I was so disgustingly well-programmed! I paid for the mags (and everything else, the books, the tracts, the brochures for my service bag, etc) and I DID keep a seperate change purse IN my service bag for donations, I DID mention $$$ for the price of the "cost of printing", and I did put the donated money into the contribution box.

The MOST disgusting part of all this, is that it never occurred to me that the literature WAS being paid for TWICE! It wasn't until I began to look at the "unflattering to the WTS" sites online, and saw this referred to. THEN I did a slow burn....at THEM for being so greedy and sneaky about it; and at MYSELF for being such a jerk all those years.

I should've at LEAST gotten a gold watch when I left, for 30 years of "loyal dedicated service"!

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit