How Do YOU Help New Ones and Lurkers Here at JWD???

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

Big Tex, what is the JWD refresh schedule? I knew it had to have one, I just didn't know what it was. Knowing it would be a big help.

Speaking of helping, I make the assumption that those fresh out of the Borg are a little unsteady on their feet, a little unsure they've done the right thing or not. I attempt to show them that they've made a good decision, a smart one. In short, I attempt to validate their decision-making by taking the points they emphasize as being the straw that broke the came's back for them, and making their case even stronger for them if I can.

francois

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake

I really enjoy your aupport and love and think we can all encourage one another, esp after our pain of being a JW, and feeling like no-one cared or listened to you back then, when you had an inkling something was wrong.

I always felt like a weirdo, and oddball, being a Witness, and it wasn't from the world, but my own congregation!! I bet you can relate. I always tried to reach out to the other unpopular, less acitve, "stellar " brothers and sisters, and I guess this made me unpopular.

Also I always had the "questions" about doctrine and stuff, so I was probaly already marked as a potential "apostate"

Anyways, I'm sorry, I go on, just my feelings coming back when I felt like I didn't fit in.

I need your help though everybody. My friend elumn8 is trying to fit in on this board, and he was disfellowshipped about 6 months ago. He is a bonafide newbie, and is just starting to post, but recently thought about giving up, cause he doesn't get much response.

He has low self esteem, and he's only 20. He writes about the Bible, and prophecy, so I don't know if it's too intense or what, but maybe you can drop by and say "Hi"

His post is on 1751 titled 666 THE MARK, but who? part one.

I'd give you all a kiss, if you can all say at least a Hello. and short comment. Cause he's kinda sad.

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake

I mean his post is on page 1750. 666THE MARK, but who? part one,

thanks, ps... My thanks on all your loving response to my Burger King story. My heart goes out to all of you. and your experiences, you all are so special.

I esp. laughted at the suggestion of buying the tightwad elder some Burger King gift certificates, so he'd be more inclined to help someone hungry.

Thanks

• minimus
    minimus

Francois, I appreciate your depth. Your comments typically zero in on the issue. I wouldn't want to cross you if I tried to "preach the good news" of the kingdom to you.

• nowisee
    nowisee

loved the comments of yesidid and dj.

in the aftermath of 9ll i was in a lot of trouble, very disturbed....i remember getting my husband (never a jw mind you) to help me find an exjw site (since at that time i was totally computer illiterate). we did manage to stumble upon one and what i saw so turned me off that i did not try again for more than a year. there was profanity and bitterness and vitriol. -- i could not now tell you what site that was --. well THAT wasn't what i needed to see.

i discovered something different when i found this site. there does seem to be a genuine concern and caring, and an eagerness to help, a desire to soothe some of the unbelievable experiences some have had to endure. so i have been taking the comfort and validation and love that seems appropriate for me, and in turn try to share the same with others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit