How Do YOU Help New Ones and Lurkers Here at JWD???

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think we all share an obligation to help "newbies" and "lurkers" on this forum.One way I try to help is by asking questions that they might be more inclined to think about while in their position. Do you post here with these new ones and lurkers in mind or do you primarily post to share association with friends that you already have?

• JH
    JH

I just put in my 2 cents worth, maybe 3 .

I don't know if my comments help others, but it helps me let out steam.

• gumby
    gumby
    One way I try to help is by asking questions

Minimus....I have never known you to ask questions.......can you prove this?

I try and help any who come here.......whether it's a newbie or an old timer. Both have problems and enjoy friends and advise. I try to remember that honest input could change anothers life here.......it has mine.

Gumby

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    One way I try to help is by asking questions

Answers! It's answers we need!

Cheers, Ozzie

• minimus
    minimus

Then give me a frickin' answer, OZ!!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

I can only hope that my posts are of some interest/help to new ones and lurkers.

I've been on both sides of the fence, and have empathy for those in the Borg, for those transitioning out, and for those like myself who are dealing with post-JW life.

The best way I can help is by being as honest and empathetic as I know how to be. I just lay out the facts as I know them, and let the chips fall where they may. (Of course this doesn't mean saying things in any style, but in a way that maybe someone can relate to.)

• minimus
    minimus

I think the worst way to turn off people is to "sound like a bitter apostate".

• minimus
    minimus

Perhaps the emphasis of this board is maintaining friendships amongst one another .

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

hey there minimus...

I always, always posted with the lurkers in mind. And I got e mail, tons of it, from them back in my earlier days here. So much i could hardly answer it all (i still feel bad about that! I tried my best!!!)

the biggest decision i've made recently to try to help the newbies and lurkers was to put the stuff i've written back up on the web. it was a hard decision, taking the site down and everything had been very theraputic for me, but now that i find myself 'relapsing' back into the muck that my JW family tries to pull me back into, i figure the best way to help myself is to try to help somebody else.

i remember just feeling so alone back when i was a newbie. then folks reached out to me, enabling me to reach out to others. that is the thing i think is most important; and the idea of the lurkers being skittish and easily spooked is the reason i think, and think again, about every single word i'm going to post.

thanks to everyone who helped me when i was a newbie...and to the lurkers out there, please know that people care. that's why many of us are drawn back here...

~essie

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I arrive at least 20 minutes before JWD is refreshed in order to welcome the new ones and to provide proper encouragement. I also try to make all my comments upbuilding so that the new ones can be happified and rejoice in the loving provisions given to us by Simon so that we may overcome the snares of this wicked system of things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit