Who is B.W. Schulz? Anyone know?

by ILoveTTATT2 43 Replies latest jw friends

• vienne
    vienne

Nathan, you're most welcome

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thanks for the annotated bibliography.

I wonder if you've read, or have any comment on Robert Crompton "Counting the Days to Armageddon: Jehovah's Witnesses and the Second Presence of Christ" - despite the title mostly about Russell period. The author has posted on this forum.

Or Detlef Garbe "Between Resistance and Martyrdom" or Paol Bregninge "Judgement Must Wait".

• vienne
    vienne

Yes, I have read them. We haven't used any of them as a resource. Breninge's book is interesting, though I think he drifts into well-trodden and sometimes wrong ground. Garbe's book is outside our era of interest, and I'm probably not competent enough to comment on it.

• 30LPP
    30LPP

Good morning everyone.

I would like to supplement the following bibliography of Rachael de Vienne with further items on the history of the Watchtower Society and its teachings:

Editions of Jehovah's Witnesses

- 1975 Yearbook of Jehovah’s Witnesses (history of Jehovah's Witnesses in the USA)

- Jehovah’s Witnesses in the Divine Purpose (1959)
    a series of 31 articles in Watchtower titled - Modern History of Jehovah’s Witnesses (1955-1956, April 1)

Private editions of Jehovah's Witnesses

- Faith on the March A. Macmillan (1957)

Editions of Bible Students

- The Laodicean Messenger: Being the Memoirs of the Life, Works and Character of That Faithful and Wise Servant of the Most High God (1923) William N. Wisdom and L.W. Jones

- Pastor C. T. Russell: Messenger of Millennial Hope (2006) Ch. F. Redeker

Catholic evangelical edition

- Ever-changing teachings of Jehovah’s Witnesses. The most important changes in the doctrine of the Watchtower Society in the years 1879-2015 (2016)

All these books are available online in electronic form.

I wish you all much health.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit