What Will JW's Do If They Find Themselves Still Conscious after Death?

by Sea Breeze 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Either way, the next conscious moment after death, you will face the inevitable.

I think the realization comes during one’s life or shortly before death. Sort of like the dance of death in the movie Once Upon a Time in the West when Bronson puts the harmonica between Fonda’s teeth, then he knows. He was forced to see.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

https://www.amazon.com/Shades-Sheol-Death-Afterlife-Testament/dp/083082687

Great book. Discusses obscure passages like 2 chronic 16:14

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Whether you wake up immediately at death or wait till the resurrection, you will have the exact same reaction. Either way, the next conscious moment after death, you will face the inevitable.

....yes......Jehovah.....I have questions. Where do you want to start? There's David's baby, Uzzah, the gentile picking up sticks...but all that can wait.

My first question will be..

Jehovah, was the savage - cruel beyond all reckoning - system of predator prey arms race, really the only possible way that life could proliferate on earth?

The immense suffering that has taken place over millions of years, just so that I can have a big enough brain to order take out pad Thai & enjoy netflix documentaries really isn't worth it. Let alone generations of my ancestors dying of horrendous viruses, just so I could be immune enough to mingle in a warm swimming pool that's choc full of bacteria whilst drinking Bacardi and coke.... without Keeling over!

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Diog

The argument is that God put man and woman in a Utopian environment. Adam was commanded not to eat a poison fruit that would cause his death. He ate it anyway. God had other plans for Adam —too bad. By God’s mercy, humanity ( you and me ) was given a chance to live. Sadly, it hasn’t been easy for anybody but God has a cure, a remedy. It is painful and takes a long time to kick in but it is a cure. That’s the explanation.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

They won't.

• cofty
    cofty

Fishy - a man ate a poisoned fruit and 'sadly it hasn't been easy for anybody'.

Even allowing for the JW understanding of free will, every agonising death in the history of humanity was the specific choice of your omnipotent god.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

According to the WT the forbidden fruit was not poisonous and that if Adam and Eve had remained faithful then God likely eventually would have left them that fruit.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Fisherman Although we probably don't share the same views, thank you for at least engaging with me. I appreciate it.

I think people who make veiled threats about what will happen after death, without at least being willing to debate....well....shouldn't.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    every agonising death…..

Of course I understand, Cofty.

One time in service, Cofty, I saw a totally blind man and I felt so helpless that I could do nothing for him. I thought about that this man was doomed for the rest of his life to be blind with no hope whatsoever for a cure and I figured that he might be angry with God. So, I approached him and asked him about God expecting to hear something angry from him but to my surprise the blind man said to me: “No! God helps me.” So he obviously had a relationship with God. It was touching. What also brings tears to my eyes is the gospel story when JC tells the leper I want to. But it is so devastating to see not only people but animals with their unique personalities doomed in life. It is so sad and painful. For example, a baby”s laughter. The Bible says that God is going to act someday. I believe it.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Literally the blind leading the blind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit