By 1971 he had a full trimmed beard.

jtg

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

found this among my parents' keepsakes.

jtg

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Oops double post, the pic was 2.5 mb and took too long to process so i reduced it to a smaller size. And now it turns up lol.

jtg

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

found this among my parents' keepsakes.

jtg

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

The year was 1968.

JW illustrations of the time proved that jesus was clean shaven and not a dirty hippy.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

What's weird (OK, additionally weird) about that 1968 picture is that one of the apostles listening does have a beard.

If your goal is to drive home the message "beards are bad" why draw one on a "good guy"?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Just thought of another one, though the JWs might not be the source of it.

In Revelation, the explanation of 666 being the 'imperfect' number of 6 repeated three times is anachronistic. The Greek text represents the number in three distinct words for 'six hundred', 'sixty', and 'six'. This reflects the way arithmetic was done in the Roman days. None of the first/second century readers of Revelation would have thought of the number six hundred sixty six in terms of the numeral 6 repeated three times.

The arabic numeral system of using the placement to represent the order of base 10 (ie the first digit to the right is the 1's, the second digit to the right is the 10's, etc, was invented well after the time of Christ. This invention was a great leap forward in making computations easier which we take for granted, but before that it was pretty difficult to do basic math.

• TD
    TD

If your goal is to drive home the message "beards are bad" why draw one on a "good guy"?

Obviously Judas of the Sicarii (Sorry, couldn't resist )

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW
    Sometimes in the old literature the WT said Jesus didn't have a beard because he was a young man (began his preaching at age 30, according to the Bible), but many males are capable of growing a beard at age 20 and even younger, and Jewish biblical law said Jewish males are not to cut the hair on their face!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit