Special event this weekend

by TweetieBird 28 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

jehovah wants all your bank account details. write them down and put in the collection box.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Ray Frankz: The "new" thing is that the Special talk that is given near the time of the celebration will be now given by a branch representative or governing body member and then everybody will watch through the screen.

Pardon? The OP is about this weekend Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 October 2017.

The Special Talk - presented as a pre-recorded video - is being held on Sunday 25 March 2018 for most congregations (ie week starting Monday 19 March) - unless you have a circuit assembly for circuit overseer's visit, in which case you'll have the Special talk a week earlier.

I understand most congregations will have a local Branch Committee member give a 'model public talk' (pay attention elders and ministerial servants!!). I do not believe any of the Governing Body will be recording a Special Talk - what is your reference for saying they will be, please?

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I remeber these days, being filled with a Christmas-like glee only to find out these “special” events were nothing more than the same bs spun a different way.

• steve2
    steve2

Ever heard of a "lolly scramble" without the lollies? That's the MOTSAM.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Longhairgal Even an older lady I knew with cancer was all excited and just had to attend.

This is when I despise that religion of mine. How utterly cruel. The poor lass probably thought there was a chance she would never face the pain and indignity cancer can inflict toward the end.

• hoser
    hoser

Are there special meetings in canada this weekend?

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz

Darkspilver

So, I have no Idea of something abnormal going on. Maybe it's just there in the US.

About the 'TV' talk, I'm pretty sure that it will be a branch commitee member to give the talk in everywhere it's possible to broadcast. I thought that in the US it could be a GB member.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I was wondering what the meeting was about myself. I thought they might be announcing a new line of snack foods to be sold from their witnessing carts. They might as well do something useful while they're out there was wasting their day counting time.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

This is the state required annual meeting for corporate shareholders of the Watchtower printing corporation. Watchtower turned a mandated business meeting it into a religious event where a select number of tickets were made available that gave non-shareholders bragging rights for attending. A few years ago this meeting was turned into a big deal ... Select few Halls were set up to take part.

I'm pretty much out of touch now. I don't know how extensively the Kingdom Halls are connected. I assume in the U.S. it is the majority.

It is an event that now rivals the memorial in importance ... it seems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit