Special event this weekend

by TweetieBird 28 Replies latest jw friends

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Here everyone is going Saturday to watch the annual meeting broadcast, and there is no meeting Sunday.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Try checking out the other posts before asking dumb questions!

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

nowwhat?: Try checking out the other posts before asking dumb questions!

I think this is the first one, from last year...

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5656063279890432/december-31-2016-boe-re-2017-annual-meeting-warwick-wallkill-dedication-program

• sir82
    sir82

something special going on at the KH

Well, "special" in the Watchtower sense of the word, which is "same old crap we've been gurgling for the past 140 years, just with more pomp and arrogance."

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

It is special because it also will host the dedication of the new world headquarters.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Was talking with a family member today and they said that there is something special going on at the KH this weekend. Any idea what it is? They said that some kind of broadcast from Bethel for everyone.

Yes, a very special meeting, with very special information about a very special event.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

They said that some kind of broadcast from Bethel for everyone.

Define "everyone"

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

My mother said the same thing, but her's is on Sunday. Since she doesn't want to mention JW stuff now, (we are taking care of some things for her, us faders you know) I was surprised when she said that specifically. Sounds like it is several hours worth.

She's all nervous and said it with that "SOMETHING IMPORTANT WILL BE ANNOUNCED" voice.

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz

The "new" thing is that the Special talk that is given near the time of the celebration will be now given by a branch representative or governing body member and then everybody will watch through the screen.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TWEETIEBIRD:

Probably much ado about nothing..or more changes to the religion.

Back in the very early days of my "fade" there was a special meeting that you supposedly had to get tickets for. At that time I still had a little association. The friends were all excited and wondering if there was news about the end, etc. Even an older lady I knew with cancer was all excited and just had to attend. I was not moved by any of this and felt it was a tactic by the religion to see how many of their gullible followers would come running.

Sometime later on I asked somebody what the "special" meeting was all about. They were disappointed because there was nothing much about it at all.

So, here we are all these years later and they are still having their "special" meetings....I have nothing but contempt for this religion and glad it's in the past.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit