In praise of Randall Watters

by nicolaou 39 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

even pre interweb, Bethel Ministries made a huge difference in my leaving, I much preferred the old name as well, he even printed my testimony, I'm at a loss what made him post his issues with Barbara Anderson and I hope he can resolve it soon, he was a so instrumental in those early days and I must mention David Reed also

• Landy
    Landy

This thread reminds me of an old joke;

A Scottish old timer in Scotland, in a bar, talking to a young man.

The Old Man says, "Lad, look out there to the field. Do ya see that fence? Look how well it's built. I built that fence stone by stone with me own two hands. I piled it for months."

"But do they call me McGreggor-the-Fence-Builder? Nooo..."

Then the old man gestured at the bar. "Look here at the bar. Do ya see how smooth and just it is? I planed that surface down by me own achin' back. I carved that wood with me own hard labour, for eight days."

"But do they call me McGreggor-the-Bar-builder? Nooo..."

Then the old man points out the window. "Eh, Laddy, look out to sea...Do ya see that pier that stretches out as far as the eye can see? I built that pier with the sweat off me back. I nailed it board by board."

"But do they call me McGreggor-the-Pier-Builder? Nooo..."

Then the old man looks around nervously, trying to make sure no one is paying attention.

"But ya fuck one goat..."

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Thank all of you!

Check out my Facebook at randall.watters

• sparky1
    sparky1

Randy Watters...............keeping a watchful eye on Jehovah's Witnesses for over 35 years!

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

What happened? The links are all gone on the freeminds website.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Whatever caused Randy to post what he did recently is something I can only guess at but it won't be what I remember him for.

Some of us are not aware. What did he post?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Still there for me.

Anyone who has never read the history section should check it out. You'll be reading for hours.

http://www.freeminds.org/history/history.htm

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Randy was very instrumental in helping me 'see the truth about the troof' for the first time. I really enjoyed his commentaries and posts.

Anyone know where Randy is these days? Last I heard he was in Manhattan Beach, CA. I'm in the Downey, CA area which is very close. I'd like to stop by and pay my respects to Randy one day.

just saying!

• LV101
    LV101

Randy used to have something on H20 called the Armageddon Okies - hysterically funny! I'd laugh so hard and someday need to catch up on freeminds.org's important history - maybe that's where I read about the 'Okies'?!

He's been so instrumental for many finding peace of mind and freedom from the cult - hope you're doing ok, Randy.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

just one goat Landy love it the joke that is not the goat unless of course if scottish goats are really really good looking RE RANDY MY experience ismuch the same as Simons thanks Randy so many names that can be added to the xjw hall of fame One whom I loved here in OZ i would like to pay tribute to is Jan Groenveld RIP JAN gone but not forgotten

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit