Adding insult to injury when the WT kicks out a congregation from their hall

by nowwhat? 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Because the local congregations have always paid for their own buildings. Whether they had the cash or got a loan from the society that they paid off themselves. Plus any remodeling along the way. What kind of question is that anyway?! Everyone knows that.

• JWTom
    JWTom

The KH real estate is worth a fortune in the US. Liquidating all those KHs was a reality that was coming, just a matter of time. The only thing that would have changed that would be a growing organization and there are many threads on here about the reality that most congregations are slowly declining in attendance. Any shrinking organization has to keep cutting.

• steve2
    steve2

I remember a time when Kingdom Hall builds were purposely larger than the current numbers in the local congregations in anticipation of future growth.

When growth ain’t happening - or barely covers new births - and meeting attendance is declining, it pays to look at the cost of maintaining bigger than necessary halls.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

jehober is truly blessing the work and the increase is evidence of his blessing! Praise jah all you suckers!

just saying!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3
    The Fall Guy

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time." (Abraham Lincoln)

That may be true for normal people ,however J.W`s are not normal people .

I`ve lost count how many times I was fooled and the last time was 25 years ago and its still going on today .

SHEEEESSSSHHHH

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Too funny LMS

• NeedToKnow
    NeedToKnow

Maybe they’ll get rid of all the KHs and we’ll have “stay-at-home” witnesses. We can just watch broadcasts on our iPads lol. I’ll be so active then ....

• amiable atheist
    amiable atheist

@NeedToKnow -- Pretty soon that'd become quite boring watching all the reruns with M.S. "funny faces" Lett, Tight Pants Tony and the other Garrulous Bullshi*ters ...

• freddo
    freddo

I can confirm the OP scenario happening across the pond here in the UK.

A nearby old hall had two congs. The hall paid for and sat empty awaiting sale.

One cong dissolved and the funds it had been saving for a replacement hall (£100K) taken by - err donated to - the London branch.

The remaining congregation got sent to another hall and its savings funds (£125K) went to the London branch AND IT HAD TO MAINTAIN ITS OLD HALL until it was sold for over £350,000.

So that's over a half a million pounds of hard saved money/property gone over a couple of years to the FAT CATS in London.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I think I know what my answer would be

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit