Adding insult to injury when the WT kicks out a congregation from their hall

by nowwhat? 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Not only does the organization confiscate the hall the congregation owns. But then the former congregants are told to continue to pay for utilities and they are still responsible for upkeep and maintenance. So they still have to cut the grass etc. Even though they were evicted!. This is true locally and the hall has been for sale for 2 years

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice
    Another example of true brotherly love!
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

How does that work and where did they go? Pictures?

• sir82
    sir82

As I recall you are in NE Ohio. Which congregation(s) are affected?

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Avon lake hall. Most got moved to Westlake where Avon lake expenses are added to Westlake expenses. And like I said that hall still hasn't sold for 2 years.

• kairos
    kairos

That moment when you realize the WT is actually a real estate development and sales company...

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

My sources tell me that the Kilbirnie KH on the west coast of Scotland is still lying empty - after 9 months of waiting for its alleged scheduled refurb!

Methinks the relocated congregation will soon receive a letter telling them that since they are now used to the extra travelling, they may as well stay in their "adopted" KH so that their old KH can be sold off.

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time." (Abraham Lincoln)

• alanv
    alanv

Wow how can the jdubs not see how they are being completely scammed?

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Unfortunately, too many JWs are completely “in”...

If the GB could make money off dubs by making them undergo a colonoscopy, then the dubs would line up and have that thing up their backsides and they’d have a smile on their face the whole go round.

• kramer
    kramer

How do you mean, they owned the congregation? In what sense did people who attended meetings own the building?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit