New member, no longer just reader...

by freemindfade 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower
    Welcome. One of the things I do to get me through the meetings is to do things secretly - the more childish the better. So yesterday singing song 17 instead of "forward you witnesses ever strong of heart" I sing "forward you witnesses ever strong of fart". I also do a slow handclap when everyone else is applauding. Be creative but be careful as well.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome, Freemindfade.  Hopefully, one day you can fade your body outta the Kingdom Hall along with your mind.  Even more hopefully, you can take some loved ones outta there.

I also have loved ones in.  In my case, my wife, her family, and my mother.  But I learned the truth about the truth and couldn't stay for reasons of my own sanity.  

It sounds like you have done well in "fading" from JW activity.  When I left, they were not doing "cart witnessing" and had no jw.org in existence yet, they still had bookstudy meetings in someone's home and thicker mags.  The religion is really totally re-branding, reinventing itself.  I gotta imagine plenty of JW's want to say "The emperor has no clothes on" but just keep telling themselves it'll all be straightened out by "Jehovah."

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Saltheart Foamfollower Yea, its so hard to clap for something that goes against everything your mind believes, I do the golf clap for about 3 seconds. 

OnTheWayOut I understand, the stress I was feeling going to meetings and feeling so lied to it was seriously giving me major anxiety issues and i am not an anxious person. But one day it just stopped and i felt like the poison was out. Now its just a major irritation, The amount of nonsense you want to look around and laugh like as if right? then you realize everyone around is (or at least pretending) believing this crap. Im gonna try to do a full fade without DAing myself just to still speak to my loved ones, but if for some reason anything i have done that would get me booted, I would not be all that tore up. oops you got me, b-bye..

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome!!!

oh it is sooooo good to see so many new forum members join up each month!

This is a place of unconditional support. A haven for those who are trying hard to break free of the shackles of WT land.....

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I believe the surge in new members posting is a testimony to the fact that many did not buy into the Borgs attempt to sell the 100th Year Anniversary Celebration of Kingdom Rulership.

I mean, come on..............100 years of nothin'! 

Doc

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

DesirousOfChange

I think so, when I attended the convention (was one of the internationals) this was not the org I grew up in, I felt very uncomfortable and embarrassed with most of it. Its so over the top. Guess there are enough educated dubs to see a cooperate rebirth and marketing campaign when they see one.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome freemindfade,

I hope this site will help you progress in your life and your fade. Many fade out with their spouses still in and remain in a happy marriage it can work. Some also talk to their spouses and are able to leave together.

It's great to have you here

Kate xx

• SAHS
    SAHS

Terry makes a lot of sense, and, as usual, his pensive yet poignant sentiments are well-expressed.

What we have been taught – and had pushed on us so relentlessly and for so long – has, in fact, been proven to be nothing more than a lie and a fraud. Now, the WBTS has no doubt had some good intentions, but the bottom line is that truth is truth, and false is false. So, whatever good intentions at least some folks in the WBTS may have had, it nevertheless – regardless of the degree to which they were either just naively mistaken or deliberately dishonest and high-handed – has, in fact, been formulating and promulgating falsehood, often with an underlying self-serving tone. (Their numerous attempts at ascertaining a one-and-only truthful interpretation of the Scriptures have been of the same batting average as someone striking at a piñata wearing a blindfold in a coal mine a mile underground with the lights out.)

There is certainly no reason to be ashamed by daring to question anything. As an old chum of ours by the name of Raymond Franz once said, extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence, and one who would take on the role of claiming to be the sole mouthpiece for Almighty God would be assuming a most awesome responsibility – or at least something to that effect (I don’t have those exact quotations from his books in front of me right now).

Everyone has every right to make enquiries about that which is most relevant and important to life itself and the essence and their very being as a whole person. Keep an open mind, and remember: life is a journey – and it is as uniquely personal as the number of individual people there are.

As Terry closed with in his above post, “Now you stand to become the change in the world you wish to see happen.” Everyone is essentially the master of their own destiny. We are all really just a bunch of carbon, calcium, water, and a very few number of other basic elements (I forget exactly which) having a finite time to live on this earth before those elements again become literally part of the earth itself. So, you have every right to live it well, as you see fit, to the best of your knowledge.

Welcome to the board!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

SAHS

you and I are very much on the same page. 

Real truth is irrefutable, and can stand up to anything without doubt

Real truth doesn't involved mystery

Real truth is simple

The bible, the dubs, any religion do not contain any of this. And ridding yourself of all of those opens a new world of peace and happiness. 

• Less worry
    • Random acts of kindness
    • A loss of interest in conflict 
    • Happiness
    • Enjoying each moment 
    • No more judging self
    • No more Judging others 
    • Feeling of true appreciation
    • A connection to others
    • True unconditional love
    • Loss of interest in taking every negative world event and trying to interpret into something 
    • The ability to think free
    • Act spontaneous
    • Learn
    • grow
    • experience 

• Gone and forgotten
    Gone and forgotten

freemindfade...welcome!

I am also new here and have found a warm, welcoming environment.  Many here are in various stages of going through the same experience and it helps to have someone to vent to that understands.  Again...Welcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit