New member, no longer just reader...

by freemindfade 52 Replies latest jw friends

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    So i joined very recently and began posting and commenting without a formal intro. Been reading for a while, decided it was time to jump in. Mentally I am completely cleansed of this thing, but still have to maintain a minimal involvement for spouse and family. While the organization holds no influence over me, I can't change my loved ones who it still does. So for that reason, the meetings go on, and that is about it. Still with a free mind able to rationalize, question, and just think in general, sitting through a meeting is agony. Once you see and know things for what they are. I won't give out too many details about myself for obvious reasons, but I am open to speaking more on that in PM's. I saw a few recent posts of other who read and just joined so they inspired me to give my own into, and possibly see others do the same. I think more Dubs faith are shaken than we realize, but the die hards are afraid of so many things they may not let go, but there still may be so many reading and learning the truth and not the "Truth". 
  • suavojr
    suavojr

Welcome my friend! Yes, many are waking up but have to stay quiet. You and I are on the same boat and although is agonizing to sit through a meeting or convention, the idea is to plan your exit carefully.

No matter what moves you take, this religion is setup for the player to lose and the house will always win. What I mean is, we will still lose family, friends, and our reputation. You have to tally up your losses and just prepare for what you will lose. If you chose wisely, the outcome can be a fulfilling life... and who knows? maybe leave a legacy behind.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Welcome.  Seems a lot are coming out of the woodwork in the last couple days.

Still with a free mind able to rationalize, question, and just think in general, sitting through a meeting is agony.

Yeah, I thought I hated meetings before I woke up, now it's a whole new level.  I'm one of the many here stuck in for my wife for now.  Sounds like you may be in a similar situation.  If you ever need to talk/vent/whatever but don't want it to be public, feel free to PM me.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    This is very true, this is why I suppose I live the double life they warn about, even now I refuse to let any part of it steer me. Just faded from irritating people in the mornings, giving talks etc. Just occasionally filling a seat, and trying to live my life outside those three and a half hours or so a week. I test the waters with loved ones to to see how that react to questioning the organization or the bible (for me really the bible busts the whole thing by itself being a book of inaccurate information, biased, barbaric behavior, slavery, atrocities, contradictions, and ancient goat herder logic.) Depending on their reaction I'll back off or continue, but usually back off, I think especially now with the die hards, deep down inside they see all that is going on as strange but continue to try and convince themselves otherwise with the familiar mindless banter of "isn't it so loving that...." "Isn't the society amazing how they...."  No one says these things ever expecting someone to say "no" its not. Because it's not questions, its them saying despite seeing a blue logo on the kingdom hall I must continue talking myself into this. So it's a bit like a dying injured animal, they are more aggressive in this state because they know its starting to look embarrassing. It's falling apart and they need to fight for every last effort to support it. 
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Yeah, I thought I hated meetings before I woke up, now it's a whole new level. 

that is hilarious and so true. I feel embarrassed to sit through the talks and WT. The language in the magazines blares mind control "obey without question god us!". And the comments reveal how most feel very educated by their WT and Awake magazines, but educationally and scientifically the amount of inaccurate and outdated statements that are made from the stage and comments is just embarrassing. One of my favorites is how amazing a habitable planet is. Well it turns out that is not so uncommon after all. I wonder how may years before they need to remove that from the outlines. 

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    One of my favorites is how amazing a habitable planet is.

Haha, yeah.  I just love that - clearly the planet was made for us since it's so perfectly suited to our needs!  Umm...if we had adapted to the environment that we live in for roughly 4 billion years, you'd expect our needs to be pretty closely aligned with what's available...

I once likened going to the meetings every week to being stuck in the 5th grade for your entire life.  My wife didn't react too favorably to that comment.

• Simon
    Simon

Welcome on board!

It's always nice when new faces appear - if nothing else it shows me that I haven't broken the registration recently! :)

Hope you find the site useful.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Thank you, yes keep the registration working, I imagine many more will be joining in the next few years 

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Welcome FREEMINDFADE!

Geez. . . what the heck is going on out there. This is like the 6th new member is the past few days!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

breakfast of champions

It must be "new light" 

lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit