The "anointed generation" is wrong, not because it is dragging on too long, but because it is too short.

by prologos 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

Jesus taught a surviving generation, a group inhering everlasting life, an escape route to avoid a global disaster worse than the flood, a generation that "will not pass away--" an infinite generation.

wt teaches a generation that dies, ends, passes away, at the first sign of real trouble, the great tribulation.

what do you believe about this wt assertion? (apart from that there is no talking snake, it is all irrelevant)

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

They want to give the illusion of explaining something that can't be explained. Everyone pretends that it's meaningful in the same way as those who saw the naked emperor pretended he was dressed.

A smart twelve year old could have come out with a better rationalization than the "overlapping generation". I have one but I do not want to give them any ideas if they're lurking here.

• prologos
    prologos

Village Idiot: It is not the "overlapping" that is wrong, it is idiotic of course.

It is the fact that the generation is supposed to be surviving, eternal even, but the wt anointed generation dies. it is too short. overlapping or not.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The "anointed generation" is wrong, not because it is dragging on too long, but because it is too short.

As You Can See..

It Was A Pile Of "WBT$ SHIT" To Begin With..

Image result for watchtower david jw.org broadcasting

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

A puzzling expression divinely created so that 2000 years later an uninspired yet somehow "guided" group of men directing a publishing entity could decipher it for us.

Isn't Jehovah God wonderful?

• prologos
    prologos

Outlaw[ed] Sanchy, I agree almost with your in-pot, but I like to get the jw community to stare at the arrows, and realize: that is not what I read in Math: 24.25, or even in the gist of other wt teachings.

The anointed generation is wrong, it's not too long, it is too short!!

hard to see, not because it easy, but because it is hard.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This what happens when people intentionally twist fictional mythology and try and make it assertively factual.

Of course the anointed twisting and proclamations were to signify and support the date of 1914, that mankind is now living in the last days just prior to the Great Tribulation and Armageddon .....more fictional mythology.

But wait all of these proclamations/teachings make for great propagations to attract attention to literature and we all know everything written in the bible is all solid based facts .

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

what do you believe about this wt assertion?

That it's all bullshit. The WT keeps coming up with more and more nonsense and for some reason JWs keep believing and byuing into it.

BTW, there's no talking snake.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

prologos

Village Idiot: It is not the "overlapping" that is wrong, it is idiotic of course.

I started my neatly trimmed goatee a few months ago after that ambiguous WT on beards etc. Had not too much flack from anyone at the kh. Last week a couple of brothers stopped by to encourage me since I am inactive. They commented on my goatee, referring to it a beard. I told them to think of it as just an "overlapping mustache". There was an uncomfortable laugh by them because what I said was stupid but then again there were no further comments on the goatee.

• prologos
    prologos

great comments, heartfelt no doubt, anybody interested why it is wrong and too short? I mean, it is bad enough that it is so long, everybody knows that, but doubly wrong because it is quickie?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit