From Being Slain to Oral Sex

by snugglebunny 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Biahi
    Biahi

I never paid attention to that oral sex ban...figured it was none of their business.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

zeb

wt 1978Feb 15th p 30 seems to have been removed.. funny that.. Reminds me of the call to get rid of all the wt libraries a time back.. a few commentators here were quoting stuff the gb didn't like being reminded of.

Nope -- both my latest CDs have it intact. Here's the quote from the Library as downloaded a few months (Feb) ago.

The Watchtower, 1978 2/15 pp. 30-31 Questions From Readers ***

"Beyond these basic guidelines the Scriptures do not go and, hence, we cannot do more than counsel in harmony with what the Bible does say. In the past some comments have appeared in this magazine in connection with certain unusual sex practices, such as oral sex, within marriage and these were equated with gross sexual immorality. On this basis the conclusion was reached that those engaging in such sex practices were subject to disfellowshiping if unrepentant. The view was taken that it was within the authority of congregational elders to investigate and act in a judicial capacity regarding such practices in the conjugal relationship.

A careful further weighing of this matter, however, convinces us that, in view of the absence of clear Scriptural instruction, these are matters for which the married couple themselves must bear the responsibility before God and that these marital intimacies do not come within the province of the congregational elders to attempt to control nor to take disfellowshiping action with such matters as the sole basis. Of course, if any person chooses to approach an elder for counsel he or she may do so and the elder can consider Scriptural principles with such a one, acting as a shepherd but not attempting to, in effect, “police” the marital life of the one inquiring."

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Actually, in the early 70s, oral and anal sex were not only grounds for disfellowship, but also divorce.

• Doubtfulandtorn
    Doubtfulandtorn

So what is the new light on the matter 2018. Is it a disfellowshipping offense or not?

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

WT 1983 March 15 had this to say:

As already stated, it is not for elders to "police" the private marital matters of couples in the congregation. However, if it becomes known that a member of the congregation is practicing or openly advocating perverted sex relations within the marriage bond, that one certainly would not be irreprehensible, and so would not be acceptable for special privileges, such as serving as an elder, a ministerial servant or a pioneer. Such practice and advocacy could even lead to expulsion from the congregation.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

so the watchtower in 1978 called oral sex an " unusual" sexual practice, but by 1983 is was "perverted"

i bet the writer of those magazine articles had never gone down on his wife..if he had one.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Personally, I've long suspected that WT leaders forbid oral sex simply because they weren't getting any themselves. :smirk:

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

From Being Slain to Oral Sex - sounds like late night Channel 5.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

From Being Slain to Oral Sex

I just was re-reading this.

FOR THE RECORD-- If those are my only choices, I choose Oral Sex.

• Gemmel
    Gemmel

My believe my Mother actually originally joined the JW's because they had that teaching. I know she fell to pieces when it was removed and divorce at least one of her 4 husbands because he wanted it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit