Is my situation unique ?

by Steel 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STEEL:

I’m glad your wife is planning for your son’s education. At least she’s in reality about that.

I confess I only read most of the New Testament and the beginning books of Genesis and Exodus. The other books only a scripture here and there (Proverbs) or Song of Solomon.

As far as the magazines went, I only read articles that interested me and never prepared for any meeting (I’m lucky I got to the hall).. I thought the amount of time the Witness religion expected people to “study” was absurd and showed they had absolutely no idea that real people had to work and do other things.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Steel: I can tell you that someone in my family is exactly like that. However, I wouldn't call them frauds. Remember, they are spending a lot of times at the meetings and assembly being told that they are studying the bible as a group and they believe it.

Also, when they hang out with their friends, many of their own friends will preach to them about their personal study and stuff. So, when they get home, they had their share of spiritual food and had enough.

Unfortunately for them, if they were more studious and curious, they would likely free themselves from that cycle, however, life is alright in their perspective, so why not let them be?

That being said, when it is your spouse, it is much more difficult.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Steel, my JW wife is not totally away from her Bible and magazines and study, but pretty close. She also believes in college education and has "worldly" associates and puts vacation ahead of theocratic activity.

In my case, if I highlight any part of her "spiritual weaknesses" then she will strengthen her tie with Watchtower, so I have to just enjoy the fact that she is "weak" but not weak enough to let go.

• Observer1217
    Observer1217

Hi Steel,

Probably, your situation is not unique among Jehovah's Witnesses today.

This is because Jehovah's Witnesses are under special punishment and discipline from God for their practice of sin, particularly their wicked secret affiliation with the United Nations Organization as NGO supporters during the 1990s...up to the year of 2001 when this situation was made public. This action on their parts proved to be a serious sin to God, a covenant-breaker in fact and one where they must be severely punished by Jehovah, and which will ultimately result in the complete destruction of this people as a religious organization, as foretold by Bible prophecy.

In fact, this situation has all been summarized long ago in a publication called the "Report".

See Link to publication: The "Report" Book

Because of this great sin on the part of organization leadership, In time, the Watchtower Society Organization with its Governing Body will be revealed to all as being the wicked "Man of Lawlessness" and the organization leadership staff itself being the fulfillment of "Babylon The Great" of Bible prophecy because of this situation and other acts of wickedness. -- See 2 Thess. 2:3-12; Revelation 18:2-4.

See Article and Link: Jehovah's Witnesses Are In Apostasy!

There are many prophecies in the bible that show this to be the immediate future for Jehovah's Witnesses.

This spiritual condition will continue to be the case and even worsen, until a smaller group of them (called the "Male Child" Rev. 12:5 and "Four Angels bound at the Euphrates" Rev 9.13, 14), finally recognize that it is really Jehovah God Himself that is punishing them, and they are finally willing to repent and willingly break from this apostate organization, and form a newer, refined spiritual group of servants of Jehovah, who will ultimately give proper spiritual leadership to the world, with God's Blessing. -- Isaiah 30:26; Jeremiah 23:20; Micah 4:6,7.

What you described above in your wife, is a Jehovah's Witness who has been totally stripped of God's Holy Spirit, as has been the case with the entire world wide organization, where Jesus, as Head of the Christian Congregation, has completely "removed their lampstand from its place," completely depriving it from receiving any of God's Holy Spirit. (See Rev. 2:5) Because of this condition, many of them (JWs) are now acting as spiritual "zombies" ... walking around aimlessly, with no spiritual direction in life at all. The same is true of the JW Organization. Many now show no interest in discussing the bible or having spiritual discussions at all with other people, OUTSIDE of the Kingdom Halls. Indeed, many JWs are now showing signs to be spiritually dead, spiritual "zombies" ... for all to see. Jehovah God and Jesus Christ, has done this to them, for their wickedness. -- See Isaiah 6:9, 10; John 12:39, 40

... Hope this helps.

Observer1217

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This is because JWS elders instruct their congregational members to not get involved in religious discussion theologically with opposers , even family members.

In reality this is how ridged the WTS mentally controls people, being that most of the core doctrines are false and corrupt its not surprising the WTS implemented this policy.

Lose control of people and you lose both money and power.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit