What is the harm or downside of being PIMO?

by PimoElder 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Is it just me, or is Pimo's reasoning about the most selfish thing you've ever heard?

"I'm fine with it, lots of benefits for me, screw you and everyone else".

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Magnum said,

''Even if you don't mentally support it, you are implying that you do to others. Your very presence adds to the JW numbers ands gives a false impression. You and others like you are helping the org to survive. I take great offense at that and consider you to be a weak person. I could never support that organization in any way. You and I are as different as night and day.

addendum: Your faking it is contributing to the captivity of thousands like my family members. I hold you accountable for that.''

I agree.

I also hold PIMO's as bearing some responsibility for any deaths that result from the no blood rules. PIMO's add to the peer pressure that other Witnesses are under to comply with rules that can result in death.

But hey, it's a great social life. I should know, I was exactly the same as a PIMO myself for years.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Is it just me, or is Pimo's reasoning about the most selfish thing you've ever heard?

Is this new poster for real? That’s what you need to grapple with first.

• PimoElder
    PimoElder

I am real and there are a lot of people PIMO just like me

i don’t want to to be POMO and loose all the great things about being a part of the cong

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Well, just so long as YOU are fine. Screw everyone else, amiright?

• PimoElder
    PimoElder

The benefits are that you are part of a group of people that you can rely on (as long as they don’t know that you are PIMO)

if anything bad happens you have a support network

if you need help JWs will be there for you

even moving house or anything we find loads of help sisters cleaning and brothers moving boxes then meals delivered

as long as they think you still believe 🤣

• PimoElder
    PimoElder
    Well, just so long as YOU are fine. Screw everyone else, amiright

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? No I don’t agree with you. Don’t screw everyone else

• PimoElder
    PimoElder

The biggest problem being PIMO is do you lie to yourself or others?

i personally am agnostic I say to myself it might be true or it might not be I just don’t know, let’s wait and see

this way I don’t have to lie to my or others and it’s how I deal with giving talks on the platform and commenting at meetings

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sounds like a load of bollox to me.

• Konagirl
    Konagirl

Definition of integrity –

The quality or state of being complete; unbroken condition; wholeness; entirety.

The quality or state of being of sound moral principle; uprightness, honesty, and sincerity.

The quality of integrity is a goal that should come to permeate one’s whole being as an example for others to recognize and emulate. Jesus provided that example for us to follow. I’m not saying it’s easy, but a person who refuses to make the effort to raise himself to the level of whole sincerity and honesty, to be an example of those things in front of others and putting others before themselves, are in effect practicing the same sort of trickery as the early Pharisees, and the governing body today. The simple label of “conman” comes to mind.

I’ve heard others say that the organization is closer to “truth” than any other religious organization. No, not according to words of Christ.

Then he called his disciples and the people around him, and said to them, “If anyone wants to follow in my footsteps, he must give up all right to himself, take up his cross and follow me. The man who tries to save his life will lose it; it is the man who loses his life for my sake and the Gospel’s who will save it. What good can it do a man to gain the whole world at the price of his own soul? What can a man offer to buy back his soul once he has lost it? If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this unfaithful and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in the Father’s glory with the holy angels around him.” Mark 8:34-38

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit