Door to Door

by pontoon 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TxNVSue2023
    TxNVSue2023

Not former the emphases has always been on the preaching work, not necessarily just the door to door method. The d2d is the most popular method, yes but it's never been the only method. During Covid witnesses still preached - it just went to letter writting.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

TxNVSue2023: "Not former the emphases has always been on the preaching work, not necessarily just the door to door method. The d2d is the most popular method, yes but it's never been the only method. During Covid witnesses still preached - it just went to letter writing."

I've had JWs bully me over the fact that going door to door is the living proof that they are Jehovah's chosen religion; the main distinctive, the life saving work. Isn't there even a Kingdom song that goes something like "House to house and door to door"? At least there is one decontextualised) verse that mentions Paul going house to house. There's no scriptural basis for a letter writing campaign.

IMO, stopping the door to door work was the day the GB collectively lost their trousers. Having dropped a doctrine that they leaned on so heavily, so easily, they might as well light up a smoke and call it a day!

• LV101
    LV101

Might help the toxic religion's reputation -- people do not appreciate being distracted/interrupted at their homes. It's annoying and who shows up uninvited/unannounced other than thugs casing/home invasions or JWs. So rude/disrespectful of JWs (religions) having the right to leisurely stroll on private property.

• pontoon
    pontoon

When they used to call I was never rude or nasty. I used to be one of them! I would listen for a couple minutes and excuse myself. Really I have no time for them, when I left about 14 years ago it was finale, done. Where I live very very few local witnesses. There may not be any local witness left in the KH that know me. Cong is mostly Wat Farm. They come and go faster than you can learn their names. So I don't know if there are any Farm people left that would know me. Good.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

I would like to qualify that I was never rude or nasty (unless that's how they chose to interact first). I would say that my approach can be a little "intense" at times. 😇🤥😵

And I always make it about the GB, not them personally. Hence "your cowardly Governing Body".

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

But with D. to D. now all but dead in reality, we won't get those opportunities, where in the past I am sure well informed and well expressed comments have planted seeds of doubt at the very least !

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

the last time i had 2 young bros call was not long after the AM3 surprise--they obviously knew nothing about it--so i told them. Not seen any since. Before covid it was every few weeks. Ive had several letters--hand written, very childish writing.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Very childish writing for sure.

No concrete evidence. Their rebuttals fall like cards.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Letters come over as following a Template, and an American one at that, which will jar with the public here in the U.K. When the Writer claims to be "one of your neighbours" but lives nowhere near you, and you live miles from the nearest K.H., it comes over as a crafty Sales Pitch to us here.

Also talking down to adults in the way they do, as though we are children, or simpletons, means the Letter goes straight in the Bin.

Another exercise just to keep J.W Rank and File feel as though they are doing something positive, is a major Fail, just like the Carts.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Do those letters allow you to contact them back, presumably to arrange a "free" bible study? If you did, and had them over for a discussion, would they pull the old "I'm not here for a debate" schtick?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit