The Best And Worst Accents In The World

by Englishman 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

I must say that I swoon most quickly for a lovely English accent. Hugh Grant may be a cad, but I could listen to him talk all day long...*swoon* My all time favorite accents belong to an actor years and years ago named Dirk Bogarde, and also another actor named Anthony Andrews. Lovely, simply lovely. *sigh*

As far as having an accent, yes, my Canadian friends tell me all the time that I do. One of them loves to torture me for saying "Gaaad" instead of "god". An australian gent did tell me once that he loved my midwest accent, it was the first time I ever thought that I might have one LOL.

I find Irish and Scotish accents very sexy...a'la Bono and Sean Connery...I think Americans have the most boring, and unglamourous speech in the world.

Essie

www.ghostwriter.homestead.com

• Room 215
    Room 215

Brooklynese all the way, and then the Cockney Barrow Boys of London's East End.

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Brooklyn definatly, also Glasgee (Glasgow), Cardiff, Wales and Irish.

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

In the hall we went to, we had a brother from England, I loved hearing him say Isaiah.

but my favorite is those folks out east in the USA, Boston, Maine.

growing up in high school I had a girlfriend move from there, and I swear she had to repeat just about everything she said. It takes awhile to understand the language without using an "R" in it.

I now live in Nebraska and have heard people tell me they could tell I was from Minnesota because of my accent.

from IMANALIENTO logging on to hubby's ID

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Hey You'se Guys. We don't got no accent. Every one of you'se gots the accent.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Oh yeah. Any of our English friends speak any of that Cockney Rhyming accent. That one with the "I went up the apples and pears to the butcher" I could listen to that all day.

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

It's funny how a relatively small area (when compared to TEXAS) can have so many different accents. Joisy "are you from joisy?" ('nuff said). Nyeahhh, New Hampsha' (some sound just like Bugs Bunny). Mass - Jehover, cah pahk etc. You know 'em all already :)

I love the englishters accents mahself. Any english women want to correspond with a texan just so we can 'admire' each others voice? lol

• Mulan
    Mulan

And then there is my gorgeous son in law, from Texas, originally from Boston. That is a cool combination. He has a great, clipped, precise way of speaking. Texas only comes into it when he says "Howdy". Most of the time you hear the Boston accent.

• Scully
    Scully

Accents I could listen to all day: Patrick Stewart, Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan. Also Goran Visnjik (Dr. Kovach on ER).... wowwwww! Loved hearing him speak in his native Croatian on last week's show!

Accents that grate on my nerves like fingernails on a chalkboard: Charro, Dr. Nick Riviera, and the hard, coarse French Canadian accent.

Elegant female accents: Zsa Zsa Gabor, Sophia Loren, and the late Princess Diana.

Pleasant female accents: Jane Leeves (Daphne on Frasier)... she's one of my favorites.

Love, Scully - who does not say "aboot", but who has had to erase the French bit on her outgoing voice-mail message because it made too many guys hot and bothered....

• more2C
    more2C

Since I'm tri-lingual, I love all kinds of accents. When I moved to Boston from Upstate NY it took me a while to get down all the lingo. Now, everyone says I talk like a native New Englander.

Of course, I love all those European accents, too! Can't forget those Canadians, "eh"? I love any accent that it from somewhere else in the world. After all, that's what makes life interesting.

more2C

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit