Things society interferes with

by Jrjw 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

Yes writing what they don't get involved in would have been a shorter list but seeing how long the list is shows me how much they control people without them realising. It's true that no one would join if they saw this list while they were studying

• JustMe2
    JustMe2

"My mother in law puts a napkin on her head when praying at meal times...."

Women should not use a napkin as a head covering when praying. They should have a scarf, hat, etc., available.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

How about holding hands with your mate during prayer. After all someone who is there for the first time may think the ones holding hands is thinking about sex. How did they know? Lol. Still Totally ADD

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

That reminds me of their silly umwritten rule that couples shouldn't hold hands till they're engaged.

• Incognito
    Incognito

Condensing much of your list into two words - time and happiness.

They want to control and consume your entire life. When you have nothing left to contribute, they will then discard you as trash.

Most members give-up, their dreams of who they could be or wish to achieve in this life. They require postponement of dreams, until the 'new system of things', even as the new system, is not assured to JWs but is only a 'hope'.

Unless popular or in the 'Elder' clique, as a lowly JW, you will likely be required to 'forgive' any other JW, regardless of what wrong they do to you or how often they do it. By not forgiving, you are in the wrong. If the situation is reversed, then forgiveness will probably not be extended to you and your 'crime' may be held against you forever.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Hmm - sounds like the GOP to me.

• krismalone
    krismalone

And who says JW's are a high control group? Where do they get that false apostate idea from!!??

Don't forget:

* praying before sex

* vaccinations (reversed in 1952)

* 30 second comments at meetings

* blood fractions

* not clapping when someone is restored as a JW (changed again)

* organ transplants ( ban from 1967-1980)

* not dating a non ministerial servant

* no spans, no tight pants, no colored socks

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Day Dreaming!

We had a talk saying day dreaming was wrong as we should be meditating on spiritual matters not day dreaming!

I have always been a day dreamer. Because my childhood was so awful, I would disappear into my own little world in order to cope. I created an alternative me, who was happy with a loving family. I had a good imagination and later on I actually wrote some fiction for women's magazines, albeit it under a pen name so no one knew.

And what man hasn't listening to rock music and imagined himself as the lead guitarist or imagined himself scoring the winning goal in a football match.

But then we had the talk telling us how very, very, very wrong this was!

I went home from that meeting and I felt so guilty. I'd spent half my life day dreaming about one thing or another. I asked Jehovah for forgiveness and said I wouldn't do it again.

Now my eyes are wide open, I see how utterly stupid I was! How much under their control I was and how much they actually controlled us.

I am so happy to be free of that constant guilt that I'm doing something - thinking something - the organization disproves of.

• Ding
    Ding

Having to attend the Memorial...

Not being allowed to partake at the Memorial...

Not even wanting to partake at the Memorial...

Having to constantly accept new light...

Having to constantly forget they ever taught old light...

Having to believe the GB are just humble, fallible brothers... who must be obeyed without question on penalty of disfellowshipping and eventual annihilation...

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

So many things... so many small, niggling things...

Not having wind chimes.

Not throwing rice or confetti at weddings.

Not saying a toast 🥂 or clinking glasses.

Not saying “bless you” after someone sneezes.

Not wishing someone good luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit