Would it be right to post Memorial Zoom codes?

by ExCircuitOverseer 16 Replies latest jw friends

• ExCircuitOverseer
    ExCircuitOverseer

I have come into possession of Memorial Zoom meeting codes for tonight that cannot be traced back to me. I will not be attending.

What are your thoughts on posting these codes so activists can join tonight and maybe say something? Ethical?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Don’t they lock the meeting down so that only delegated speakers can be heard?

• ExCircuitOverseer
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

They will be super vigilant, looking for dreaded, evil, "Apostates" If you can get in, they will be onto you.

• vienne
    vienne

I is unethical to disrupt a religious meeting, even one we think harmful or just wrong headed.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I might tune in, I got invited. If I do, I'll have a beer in my hand.

• JeffT
    JeffT

What Vienne said. Possibly also illegal - malicious mischief, trespassing, I can picture an elder yapping about terrorism and hate crimes. Certainly it will play into their persecution complex. I think the negatives of this kind of stuff outweigh the benefits.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I would just leave the people alone. I'm over the hate and am living a great life.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Any opposition will not make them think, just reinforce their persecution complex. If you want to listen do so, comment here

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I certainly think it's reasonable to give them to someone who wants to observe the ceremony in order to, say, write something on the experience. After all in normal circumstances they'd be able to attend. Also if they wanted to themselves partake that's entirely reasonable.

I think interfering in the service, though, would only serve to confirm their belief that they are persecuted. So for that reason I probably wouldn't post it for just anyone to use.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit