Would it be right to post Memorial Zoom codes?

by ExCircuitOverseer 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon
    What are your thoughts on posting these codes so activists can join tonight and maybe say something? Ethical?

You shouldn't post them. If you do you are enabling harassment of people.

No different to the morons who show up at a KH shouting at people and totally unethical.

It would make you a grade A jerk.

Anyone who posts them should expect to see them deleted together with their account.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I think you're right Simon. There's minimal value in crashing a Memorial, as it's sometimes called. It probably doesn't accomplish anything but pissing JWs off and making them less likely to listen when people like us try to show them problems with the organization.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I can honestly say, until I got a letter the other day, I had NO IDEA when the Memorial is/was. I'd say that is progress.

My 77 year old mom, JW for 50 years, if she did not have her few friends and JW meetings, she wouldn't have much. I would be pissed off if my mom were harassed by anyone, especially apostates.

I recently left all the ex JW FB groups I was in. I stay here because my mom is still in. I don't need toxic people in my life. I was one.

Snakes (Rich)

• Biahi
    Biahi

I wouldn’t want to feed into their persecution complex by disrupting their memorial, nor did I join it, (my mom asked). I had something better to do, attend my granddaughter’s birthday party. And I don’t want to add to their numbers.

I feel that, if they have high numbers of memorial attendees, they think they can point to that as “evidence of gods blessing”. I think there’s an unspoken component, too. If 20 million attend this stupid ritual, that means 20 million believe it’s the “truth”. When they don’t.

• Attewc
    Attewc

Simon: You shouldn't post them. If you do you are enabling harassment of people.
    No different to the morons who show up at a KH shouting at people and totally unethical.
    It would make you a grade A jerk.
    Anyone who posts them should expect to see them deleted together with their account.

This is one reason why I keep coming back to this site every so often. The intellectual maturity that Simon has shown running this place provides a refreshing environment that hasn't devolved into a complete JW hate bashing site that JW's think happens outside of their walled garden and it shows with the other users comments as well.

It adds credibility to your arguments when other topics come up.

Thank you for laying the groundwork and keeping things civil Simon.

-Attewc

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Amen Attewc I agree and put my Avatar to it .

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I think it is too late, but what you could do is quietly attend with ~100-200 people (or bots) as I’m fairly sure they use a free or low cost service level which means they are limited to anywhere between 40 and 200 attendees. Just join ~45m in advance and say you’re really interested in this talk - except nobody else can join. They would be all sorts of confused and talk about the great amount of visitors and everyone else would just be sitting at home wondering if it’s all worth it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit