I received Blood...What are the JW's going to do to me?

by smoky21 32 Replies latest watchtower medical

• forzaitalia
    forzaitalia

i hope you are feeling well and strong after your time in hospital. i am sure your family love you very much, and dont have an issue seeing as you have not attended meetings for many years. i, personally, do not feel comfortable even with the thought of transplants, but many JWs look to them for survival.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I wasn't sure where to upload this. But here Vern talks about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-reIouxe0oI

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

“The less said the better off you’ll be.” Thats my advice, after 10 years, of having to deal with orthodox PIMIs.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I hope you are feeling better!

TMI Too much information! :)

Your medical issues are no one's business. :)

You are no longer considered a JW so the local elders should not bother you...but why risk it?

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I haven't been here for quite a while, but this subject drew my attention. A few weeks ago I went to the hospital for a colonoscopy and minor surgery. While preparing to go to the O.R. I was asked if I would accept a blood transfusions. I have been inactive for 13 years, but still, I hesitated a moment before agreeing. Most of my family, including my wife and married son are active JW, so accepting a transfusion would surely impact our relationship. My daughter in law works at that hospital and she was able to access the hospital surgery schedule where my name was listed. It left me wondering if she could access my confidential medical records...

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

If someone you know works in a hospital where they can access hospital surgery schedules and procedures,,you can bet bottom dollar they can also access confidential hospital records.

I am 99% sure of this matter.

That 1% chance remains there,,just in case I'm wrong & I stand to be corrected,,just in case.

But if someone working in hospital procedures records,,,,,,,really,.really good opportunity for them to look at all pertinent treatments,,prescriptions.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

....but no matter what happens,,best of luck to you!!

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

You're good as long as you have- no Spies looking at Your medical record. You tell no one. They can't do anything!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"You tell no one. They cant do anything,"

I'm not so sure.

Prying eyes tend to sneak around. Lets say someone comes to visit someone in the hospital and discover that you are in there also. They realize the seriousness of your condition and realize you need blood. They can relay this to the blood police hospital liason committee.

Theres always weasels out there who know other weasels and wouldn't hesitate for a split second to 'rat' you out.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I hate spies and rats.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit