I received Blood...What are the JW's going to do to me?

by smoky21 32 Replies latest watchtower medical

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

My Gran used to say, 'Least said, soon as mended.'

What she meant in her country rustic Brit way was. Say nothing. Let it pass and there will be no problem.'

Or as my Dad would say, 'Keep Schtumn!'

That corrupt corporation has no business knowing.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Leave it alone. Most of the time an inactive person is ignored because they are not spouting about being a witness.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Does the WTS still expect members to turn others in when they learn of something like this? It's a thorny issue, and I think it is usually left to an individual's conscience. But they may feel as if someone who does not report another JW is allowing 'spiritual corruption' into the congregation.

I do think that most JWs don't take an absolutist approach to this stuff, but the most devout ones would not hesitate to put the organization before family/friends. That is what a 'good Christian' would do, after all...

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

15 years inactive, so not known as a member.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

It's Monday. Enjoy. Stacey talks about this subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BdJWI7ZC1I

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

The R&F have softened up significantly against the No Blood policy, partially because the WTBTS has gotten into big trouble over the years. Based on a cursory review of the jw.org articles, the emphasis has been significantly reduced so people slowly start to forget what the rules are.

Also, most likely you didn't even violate "current" WTBTS guidelines. It's easy to assume that JW's refuse all blood product transfusions, but that's not so. I forgot when it changed exactly, but the rules have indeed loosened up.

MOST blood product transfusions currently in use during routine procedures are actually acceptable to JW's. The things they reject (whole blood) is rarely used in a modern Western hospital's medical setting, perhaps in a military field hospital they still do vein-to-vein transfusions, but organizations like Red Cross breaks up donations into their components and has done so for a long time to allow for a larger distribution of a single donation.

The reason the JW's got a bad rep in the 80s and 90s is because they refused at one point ALL blood products, but then they slowly added more and more fractions to the point that effectively with few exceptions, the JW's no longer have a ban on blood-derived products used in modern medicine.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"My immediate family that I'm close to are still in the truth"

No they're not; they're still Jehovah's Witnesses. 🙄

• lancegalahadx
    lancegalahadx

I just gave blood earlier today. Hope this helps somebody.

I do it at least two times a years.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

I've never been a JW. I recently had a procedure done where they asked me a couple of times if I was okay with blood should I need it. Of course I said yes. I wanted to sarcastically ask "Do I look like a Jehovah's Witness??" (my beard would've demonstrated otherwise) but I didn't because I was afraid even mentioning the term might confuse the nurse and she might think I was saying the opposite of what I was saying.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

I did once ask a surgeon about the HLC interfering with patients and he said that he basically doesn't let them get anywhere near his patients.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit