Do you think there will be panic buying of food, guns ect?

by JimmyYoung 30 Replies latest social current

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Become a mormon. They been storing food for years!

just saying!

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Of course if doomsday comes, you preppers will have to defend your baked beans with heavy machine guns. The average Joe can not afford luxury commodities such as law and order in that situation.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Speaking of stocking up on the essentials. I remember back in the early 70's during the 1975 craze some JW's in my Congregation were rolling up Watchtowers and putting them in plastic dish soap bottles and burying them in their back yard for use during the tribulation when the literature was "banned".

There was even a demonstration on how to do this.

That was almost 50 years ago and those JW's from my Congregation are long gone. I imagine one day there'll be an assembly experience where someone will be relating how they came into "the Truth".

"A few years ago I moved into a house and I was working in the garden and found a Watchtower buried in a plastic bottle and I immediately knew I had found "the Truth !!" (applause)

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

I can remember that BS. We were told from the platform to put bibles and watchtowers away hidden, then the idiot gave some examples of pulling up the corner of your carpet in a room and putting them flat and the carpet back down. LOL I will stock pile my ar15s and ammo. It sells no matter what the outlook. A watchtower is about useless but for a fire starter.

• Simon
    Simon
    That was almost 50 years ago and those JW's from my Congregation are long gone.

If anyone dug them up and read them to someone else, they'd probably now be disfellowshipped for apostasy!

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

I was going to say not much is still kept as "truth" from old mags. They do have value in that us apostates buy them to show the bull shit of the cult.

• caves
    caves

JimmyYoung- A watchtower is about useless but for a fire starter.

They make crappy fire starters. I lived off the grid for many years and the mags didn't burn well as kindling. Maybe it was satan keeping it from burning. (That 'ole devil' trying reverse psychology on me. All those stories I heard of "wordly" books and stuff not burning because of satan. Uhg Lol.)

Keeping extra food stored is always a good idea. I have for the last 15 years, been about 1-2 years of canned food goods ahead. I rotate them in storage as I use. If nothing else it has come in real handy when money is tight.

I also have what I call 'if the fit hits the shan' backpacks. One in the car, one where I live and a couple more in storage. In them I have fire starters,lamp oil, flint, wicks, lighters, lite cookware, knifes, compass,good jeans, thick shirts first aid, medication I take "that gets rotated as well" batteries 'also rotated' as I use them, flash lights, soap, water purifying tablets ect. Always have a windup radio w/ usb that can charge your phone if no power. It sounds like a pain to keep up with but its become a habit now so maybe 30 min a month spend on it at this point. I hardly ever tell anyone anymore because people can associate that with 'crazy'. I just call it being prepared, on an 'If' scenario.

I had cut back actually. I did have enough canned foods for about 4 years but the past few years I've dwindled it down to less. Always keep the 'What if" backpacks in different places.

I suggest also if one lives anywhere near the woods or mountains to buy a book specific to your area on edible plants, you never know if you might need it and its kind of fun, to me at least. It gives me a little piece of mind to have these things.

A family, or even a single person outing with nothing but a 'what if bag' for a few nights in the woods can be fun. Making your own fishing hooks/ lours is easy and fun.

Maybe I lived off the grid to long. It seems woven into me now.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    If anyone dug them up and read them to someone else, they'd probably now be disfellowshipped for apostasy!

Ha !....Yesterday I couldn't even spell Apoztayte....today I are one !!

• Half banana
    Half banana

Has Doomsday preparation ever been useful?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Sarajevo tells the tale. Nobody survived alone. It took teamwork and hard ( perhaps immoral ) decisions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit