Best Website in the world - JWORG

by TheWonderofYou 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

jehovah has come nowhere near the number of bible translations that satan has supervised.

"The Bible has been translated into many languages from the biblical languages of Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek. As of September 2016 the full Bible has been translated into 636 languages, the New Testament alone into 1442 languages and Bible portions or stories into 1145 other languages." - Wikipedia

• steve2
    steve2

And JW.org is available in how many languages?

• Simon
    Simon

Lots of places actually invent languages to make themselves seem more "special".

Welsh, for instance, started off as a joke to play on tourists using all the left-over consonants that they had when making road-signs. But then it caught on and they had to try and make a language up in retrospect to match all the signs which is why no one can really speak it.

Interesting fact: They got a little-known (at the time) language student to create Welsh. His name was John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, yes, the same J.R.R.Tolkien who wrote Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. Inventing Welsh inspired him to invent Elvish and then make up some books where he could use it.

• zeb
    zeb

any other website I have seen has a 'contact us' facility. The borg does not.

• smiddy
    smiddy

"Bible Societies" all around the world have been distributing the whole Bible or the New testament freely since (Adam was a boy) almost.And I mean"free"

The Gideon Bible Society among many others.

I dont think Jehovahs Witnesses could come anywhere near what they have distributed worldwide in the last few centuries .

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

how many languages were the rags printed in at one stage ? was it over 200? how many jw's on the planet? whats the worlds population? when these kind of stats are broken down they are rally quite feeble

• Landy
    Landy

Lots of places actually invent languages to make themselves seem more "special".

Welsh, for instance, started off as a joke to play on tourists using all the left-over consonants that they had when making road-signs. But then it caught on and they had to try and make a language up in retrospect to match all the signs which is why no one can really speak it.

Interesting fact: They got a little-known (at the time) language student to create Welsh. His name was John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, yes, the same J.R.R.Tolkien who wrote Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. Inventing Welsh inspired him to invent Elvish and then make up some books where he could use it.

Is that like a trump style fact? Tolkien took his elvish language from Welsh. Welsh has been around for centuries. And people can speak it.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

zeb:any other website I have seen has a 'contact us' facility. The borg does not.

I believe it's in the footer of every page on the main website

They also give their physical real-world address/es and phone numbers - you don't get that on many websites...

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I once told my dad: for decades, the watchtower was preaching that the generation of 1914 would not pass before Armageddon would come. They have since removed this sentence from the magazine. Did the fact that it was translated in hundreds of languages and distributed by the billions of copies made that statement true?

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

"Best" website - not really, it's well designed when it comes to corporate websites but it's not really easy to use, too much content crammed on the page (one of the many reasons MSN/Yahoo were crushed by Google).

"Most visited website" - it's not even in the Top100, it's somewhere on the bottom of the Top 1000 sites since they started a campaign some time last year.

"Most translated website" - The only reference I can find to that is within their own publications which they published as a 'source' on Wikipedia and from what I can see, the way they're "boosting" that number is by including sign language translations and the translations of their publications (the entire website isn't necessarily translated, they just have material in various languages). Sign language isn't really a 'written' language and they even include local dialects of Sign Languages which is a bit dishonest to say the least, those people understand their proper written languages. If you go by that metric, I would say YouTube/Office365 is the most translated website because it has videos and documents, both spoken and sign language in pretty much every language including Klingon. For actually fully translated websites, I'd think you'd be looking at one of the many UN websites (Office for Human Rights perhaps), Wikipedia (290+ languages) etc.

A bit tongue-in-cheek, but the most "translated" website in JW accounting would be this one: http://unicode.org/charts/

The number of unique "written", living languages in the world is estimated to be around 300, the JW website is translated in more than 800 of them...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit