Best Website in the world - JWORG

by TheWonderofYou 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

JW believe that JWORG is the best website and most translated in the world.

I heard this today in streetservice. There was already a thread about this subject. Anybody can link it?

https://www.tomedes.com/translator-hub/most-translated-website.php

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

As far as i know it is indeed the most translated.

Free labour is a wonderful thing.

• Simon
    Simon

I didn't see the person claiming it was the best, just the most translated which may be factually correct.

• Landy
    Landy

It's also surprisingly hgh in the most visited rankings.

• carla
    carla

"It's also surprisingly hgh in the most visited rankings."- I wonder how much of that is from apostates?

That's exactly why I won't click on any link going to the official jw site. jw's, like mine, would say something on the order of, " many people like yourself (meaning me) and others really do believe in jw doctrines and beliefs but you just don't want to change your lifestyle. Just look at our rankings and how many people go there daily for spiritual teaching". Years ago they would brag about placing so many rags and now they just have replaced that with how many clicks they get.

• steve2
    steve2

With all this (boastful) talk, exactly how many languages is JW org available in? Or is it just the publications it has available online that qualify as "translations"? I heard that most JW org videos are not even available in Spanish, the language which is close to the second most used by JWs worldwide.

If it's a number's game (and to JWs it is never not about numbers) doesn't the 7th-Day Adventist Church have the record for the most translated publications - close to 1,000 versus JWs 700 to 800?

• JeffT
    JeffT

People must keep hoping that if they translate it into the right language it will make sense.

• Chook
    Chook

If it's the best website in the world ,how come god didn't guide them to register domain name Jehovah witnesses.com

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

So what... once you get past the first 20 top languages, do you really need anymore? Is there a real need to translate the website into Kirundi?

This is all for boasting.

• steve2
    steve2

Everything else aside (e.g., what JWs have or have not claimed about it being the best), How does JW org compare in terms of translations with other websites, religious or otherwise?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit