The idiots Hollyweird destroys the Bond Franchise

by rockemsockem 44 Replies latest social entertainment

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

I hope its good.
    I really dont think it will be, because so many movies are just not good.
    The way they took bond after Moore from ultimate silliness like a Semi doing a wheelie, to 007 having no irony or humor with Craig, just killed it for me.

All these movies are just a battle on how unrealistic you can make fights look.
    I am sick of people getting hit in the head with pipes and getting up to hit the other guy with a brick :) I dont need 6000 rounds of ammo shot, 100 cars blowing up, right after they jump across skyscrapers... I want good stories.

I still like watching the old ones.

• jhine
    jhine

l can see a black Bond , but even as a woman l really wouldn't want a female Bond . As others have said Bond was written as a man . Idris Elba would be good , but he is 50 now . How long would he be able to play Bond ? Actors usually sign up for a series of films .

While on the subject of " actors " what is this thing of women being called actors ? what is wrong with being an actress ? There is nothing wrong with being female .

Jan

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Do female star wars fans need a main female protagonist in a Star Wars film, or are they just fine with Luke Skywalker?

I'm a straight, white male. Do I need straight white male characters on screen, or can I appreciate and identify with black characters/female characters, etc.?

Are there too many Indian actors in Bollywood?

Should Bollywood have more diversity?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

While on the subject of " actors " what is this thing of women being called actors ? what is wrong with being an actress ? - it gets worse. People are now talking about female heroes in film. There's a word for that, too ... heroines. XD

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

Just to spell it out, here's another example: the character of Rocky Balboa can only be an Italian-American man. Sly Stallone created the character and that's how he's written.

Could this guy play Rocky? His name is Giancarlo Giuseppe Alessandro Esposito:

His father is from Naples.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Could this guy play Rocky? - no, I don't think he could.

Rocky was written as a white man (most Italian-Americans being white). There's another scene in Rocky (1976):

Reporter to Apollo - Is it a coincidence that you're fighting a white man on our nation's birthday?

Apollo - Is it a coincidence the challenger is fighting a black man on our nation's birthday?

So, Rocky was written as a white character who is also Italian-American (most Italian-Americans are white).

And Apollo Creed was written as an African-American character who is HW champ. Creed was obviously influenced by real-life champ Muhammad Ali. In fact, if Ali had never existed, it would be difficult for me to accept Apollo Creed as a good, realistic character. Apollo Creed was basically Muhammad Ali but without the Nation of Islam bits.

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

Could this guy play James Bond? His name is Douglas Yancey "Doug" Funnie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWMuW1RQzaE

I don't know where his father is from.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

^^^ sigh ^^^

I've explained at length about artists and their intellectual property, all to no avail, I fear.

Look, I have an idea: a black woman can play Bond, that's fine ... as long as a white man or woman can play T'challa.

Deal?

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

Look, I have an idea: a black woman can play Bond, that's fine ... as long as a white man or woman can play T'challa.

Deal?

Hell yes. I vote for one of the following, or both:

WAKANDA FOREVER!!!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

How about this guy as T'challa ...

Image result for chris pratt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit