The idiots Hollyweird destroys the Bond Franchise

by rockemsockem 44 Replies latest social entertainment

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

99% of the people who go to Bond films want a straight white English Bond with a bit of light sexism and some Bond girls thrown in. They do not want a tranny Bond or a gay or lesbian Bond. And they do not want a black woman Bond. This will do as well at the Box office as the female Ghost busters or Female Oceans 11 did. Hollyweird is so stupid in their bubble they think everyone thinks as if they were in the same echo chamber as they live.

https://vt.co/entertainment/celebrity/bond-25-will-reportedly-star-lashana-lynch-as-next-007/?utm_source=vt&utm_medium=junglecreations&utm_campaign=post&fbclid=IwAR1_CLspz61KaepVyhc0oEbdP5E6nV9SCxe7APIMs_A8i2K27v4VNbu1cz8

• JeffT
    JeffT

I saw Dr. No when I was twelve. I think Diamonds Are Forever was the last one I went to. I stopped paying attention to the franchise after that, but I think that was the target audience: males between the ages of twelve and twenty-five. But you're right I went to those movies because I knew I'd see gunfire, explosions, car chases, and some scantily-clad women. By today's standards the sex and risque jokes were quaint.

How many of these idiotic movies does Hollywierd have to lose money on before they figure it out?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Let Hollywood do their thing. The box office numbers will tell them what the audience thinks.

It's the law of supply and demand. The best barometer.

The worst thing that could happen is the government could come in to rescue failing Hollywood franchises. If they fail, LET UM! It's their own decisions that lead them there.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

the first Bond film i saw was From Russia with Love. i was 16. i still enjoy watching the re-runs on tv.

• Terry
    Terry

Mind-reading isn't possible.
    None of us can know what "other people" think or want.
    Even when a subject is polled, how is any particular group being sampled and how is it
    provably representative who ticket-buyers at large?

Trolls stir the pot. It's the very definition of Troll.
    Look at it this way: Every major motion picture is surveyed and polled over and over again, passing from group to group, changed here and there - and still no guarantee exists the final product will have a heart and soul.
    The latest incarnation of THE LION KING is almost a shot-for-shot remake of the animated version and it is gorgeous and all that -but cold and without soul.
    I'd compare it with Gus van Sant's shot for shot remake of PSYCHO.

All the above to say this, many (if not most) controversies are simply the grass fires some troll set to watch it burn.
    Hardcore fans almost never like anything new or different, do they?

So, there's that.

Creativity is almost anathema in Hollywood. Too dicey.
    Melody is seldom allowed in music underscoring because some genius said out loud
    it was old-fashioned and manipulative.
    Dirty Harry was fascist.
    Elvis was vulgar.
    The Beatles looked like girls.
    And on and on and on and on...

• steve2
    steve2

The latest Bond film in production stars Daniel Craig - so I guess your claimed "99%" of people will be happy. What's the problem then? I recall a time back in the sixties when Sean Connery said, "Never again" and moviegoers declared they would never go to a Bond film without Mr Connery. Well, not only did moveigoers still go but many of the subsequent Bond films dwarfed the box office success of Sean Connery's Bond films. Fact is, the demographic of Bond films keeps changing and what people report in surveys is not backed up by actual box office figures. I once thought there would be no Bond other than Connery; now I'm very happy with Craig as Bond and can see no one successfully taking his place. Whether than turns out to be true or not is over to the ever-changing tastes of Bond fans.

• fulano
    fulano

I just dont like maybe 90% of the Hollywood films. It seems so fake and with a lack of creativity.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

She may be the new 007 but apparently a male Bond is still in the picture , isnt that right ?

Maybe the new Bond will be 069 ?

• Giordano
    Giordano

I'll say one thing...... Wonder Woman...... one of the most successful action films ever made! And believe me without that particular Wonder Women there was no reason to see it.

Now I'll say another thing.

You have to be a moron if you think there is anything exceptional about the Bond series.

From Russia with Love was, for me, the best 007 movie. Small sets, viscous killers, no gimmicks other then a hidden knife or two.

Unfortunately the Bond Franchise spawned 25 mostly crappy films with the same punk ass cars and gadgets.

When Sean C moved on they just repeated everything over and over again and never even attempted to put an interesting actor in the role. Probably because they had no original ideas.

The Audience was growing but the Bond series wasn't. They got hacks to play Bond...the producers and directors sucked.

It's a franchise......money in the bank because idiots think it's a gift. It's like eating at McDonalds. No surprises just low quality food.

The babes stopped being hot........ who cares anymore? Are you going to spend 10 or 15 bucks so you can check out a great looking babe in a bond movie?

The name Pussy Galore says it all.......What an insult to women!

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

A black female bond would be awesome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit