Eldub that get stuck on a word or phrase!

by DwainBowman 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

Branch branch branch!!! I am already so sick of that!!!!!

How about Ob-Stack-cal. One eldub I know hear someone from the "Branch" pronounce it that way, so now every time he says it, that the way he dose it.

Back when the WT's being read on CD's first came out, any time someone pronounced some word differently, surely it must be god's direction, so we all need to adjust our way of saying it!! A brother said that from the platform one Sunday. If he heard a word pronounced a different way, he would get with the WT reader, and make sure he said it right!!! He could not see that it was just the difference in someone speaking, or where they were from, etc....

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

"Brochures" became "bulshures."

"God will sustain" became "God will substain you, all through the pioneer meeting."

Morons.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

The latest fad here is any reference to "the Branch."

Here also. The other big one is "The Slave."

• zeb
    zeb

All of which reveals a tragic absence of any education above primary school.

I recall a talk making much about Alexander the Great saying he would attack using a parallax. This was a prepared talk not something said off hand; he meant or couldn't read his material to say ..phalanx.

Parallax is an optical term. Or the talk where the word brassiere was used instead of brazier..

• zeb
    zeb

The Branch office... the elders who gave evidence at the ARC said this at every question 'We would call the branch office' like it was some sort of formula. They clearly expected the ARC to roll over and say "ok that s fine off you go."

The poor saps were left floundering when the ARC didn't.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

There was an elder in my old Florida hall... brother White...

He use to say behoove at every opportunity In and out of context. I hate him for it

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Yeah...I've got one...WAR-WICK

(it's pronounced Worrick)

• satinka
    satinka

Happened years ago in a congregation I attended from an old, old, old elder:

organism -----> orgasm

• satinka
    satinka

oops!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit