Eldub that get stuck on a word or phrase!

by DwainBowman 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

Eldub that get stuck on a word!

Over the years I have been around a few, that if a "Big" or "Unusual" word or phrase is used at the assembly or by a CO/DO, to stress a point. Then eldub "Somebody" will use it at every meeting, if they can find a way to Squeeze it into a part or commit.

Most of them get over it after a few meetings. But sometimes, you'll find one that will beat that dead horse, until you Never want to hear or use the word or phrase ever again.

One such phrase was "Side Step". It's been 13 years or so since it was used at an assembly. The point being made was that the sheeple should never try to find a "side step" around some forms of perceived opposition to their beliefs. Because, this would be missing an important opportunity for God to build your faith, if you struggle your way through!

Eclectic. Was another one that he got stuck on. It's use was to do with picking and choosing, thoughts and ideals, one chooses to believe. The same eldub hung onto this one for several months.

He has done this forever!

The eldub I know beat that one for almost a year. He was the "Big Bull" eldub in half the state for years. A couple of years ago after the "70" years old rule came into use, he has been sidelined in a major way, losing pretty much every thing except the eldub title. Now days he shows up as the meeting is starting, and leaves quickly afterwards!

Do you guy's know any???

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi, Dwain:

One frequently used "specifically" but pronounced it "pacifically."

Another used "basically" way too much. Also, my Bible study teacher from 57 years ago declaimed "as it were" at least a dozen times per talk.

• btlc
    btlc

Once upon a time we had a foreign speaker at assembly, he always said 'epistle to 1st Chorinthians (Thessalonians, Timothy, Peter, John)' and 'epistle to 2nd ...' (in my language, that literary means "the first" and "the other" Chorinthians, Thessalonians, Timothy, Peter, John), instead of '1st or 2nd epistle to...'. Ofcourse, instead to correct him, some suckers started to talk same nonsense, it lasted for a few years.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

BEHOOVE

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

we all used to snigger when our congregation servant ( this was in the 60's ) said things like " Pauls letter to Matthew ". in fact--he was a lovely old chap--heart of gold...thick as shit.

OHIO became IO-HOI

• sir82
    sir82

We had a guy many years ago, who somehow got the word "permeate" stuck in his noggin.

But it always came out "PRE-meate".

"...beware the spirit of the world, brothers, which is premeating everywhere around us..."

Virtually every talk, he manged to squeeze a "premeate" or 2 in there.

Drove me nuts.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I can't think of a place in which I have suffered through more egregious errors in grammar (or just generally thinking through what you're saying) than a kingdom hall.

Some of the more memorable:

In the context of god bringing on armageddon "The question you should be asking yourself is not 'Will he?' it's 'When he?'"

Another speaker used the phrase "in the world" waaaay too much, which lead to the rather unfortunate "There are over 100 billion stars in the world."

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

same overseer--reading a letter about upcoming co visit--kept referring to LINCOLN ROAD---as--"LINCOLLON ROAD". finally someone piped up--"ITS PRONOUNCED LIN-CON BROTHER"........a pause--then he erupted--"SEE--SOMEONES PUT AN L IN LINCON"

• burnedout
    burnedout

Arrangement

Such Ones

• stillin
    stillin

The latest fad here is any reference to "the Branch." It gives importance to the rest of whatever is being said if it comes from "the Branch."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit