I have enjoyed the shunning in the past. But why not now?

by sinboi 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• sinboi
    sinboi

What a silly idiot I am! ...after reading the comments here and had a good nite sleep last night, I realise that the problem lies with me and my childish, unrealistic expectations..

I have expected too much and too fast. I have unrealistic expectations.

I am feeling better now. Thank you all for the good advice you have given me.

Answers to your queries :

I am 16 y.o. DA'd 3 months ago.

Deegee, if you mean immediate family, the answer is no. I am the only son in the family. All my other relatives are non-jws. They do not know I am no longer a jw and that my dad and mom are shunning me. My granny is very opposed to this religion. She loves me a lot. I cannot let her know my family is shunning me. It will cause a lot of trouble to my parents.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I'm so glad you have a wonderful granny on side!!

It seems to me you are a very loving son since you won't "land them right in it" by telling grandma how rotten they are behaving. Many kids wouldn't be so forgiving and mature.

Have you joined reddit yet? Exjwreddit is a MUST for your age group! You will be an instant hero I have to say!

• sinboi
    sinboi

It's all because of my dad's words : "Take care of your mom."

If he has said :"Don't make your mom angry!", I would have reacted in a different way.

• sinboi
    sinboi

Diogenesister, I have visited exjwreddit. I have also sign up as 'newkidintown16'.

I may not be able to post much as I need to prepare for my cambridge exams. This is my final year in high school.

You will be an instant hero I have to say!

You must be kidding me. Even a 13 yr old kid need to pm me and tell me that I "have just made one attempt..need to keep trying" after he read this topic..

I only hope that I will not make a fool of myself when I post here and @exjwreddit.

• never a jw
    never a jw

"She [granny] loves me a lot. I cannot let her know my family is shunning me. It will cause a lot of trouble to my parents"

Sinboi,

You are way more humane and caring than all the people trapped in that cult put together. You are a hero!!

• maccauk
    maccauk

Why send any letter.You are not endebted to anyone.You are a free man to seek God. I just let myself fade away without any fuss or drama. I found Jesus Christ and also discovered ALL things have been fulfilled it is done finished. You are free already https://youtu.be/Iw6J5FAm3vo

• Giordano
    Giordano

I am late coming to this post.

You said:

if you mean immediate family, the answer is no. I am the only son in the family. All my other relatives are non-jws. They do not know I am no longer a jw and that my dad and mom are shunning me. My granny is very opposed to this religion. She loves me a lot. I cannot let her know my family is shunning me. It will cause a lot of trouble to my parents.

You will have to make more mature decisions and understand that there are consequences for your actions.

Lets start with your extended family........ especially your granny. I'd talk to her about your decision to DA. I'd stress that it was a difficult decision to make. BUT I would not mention the anger from your parents. The cold shoulder treatment. You know that you disappointed your parents and because of their Armageddon beliefs (A total falsehood) they are grieving and very troubled over your decision.

One good reason to go back and reread Pale E's advice to you re parent management.

Being especially kind, helpful and respectful to them and their beliefs is going to go a long way. Leave it to granny to tell the other non JW family members that you have left the belief or not.....its up to you.

An extended family can be very helpful to you.

Going out and getting drunk (been there) puts you in a dangerous situation stumbling home at night or shudder.....driving a car.

Smoking is also not a good idea.....it's a terrible habit to have. And because it's smoke a parent is going to know.

As we have talked about this before........ put simply......... your brain doesn't stop growing until your in your mid to late twenties. What is happening is your mind can not keep up with your body................ risky behavior is the result.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit