RUSSIA: Jehovah's Witnesses face possible liquidation

by AndersonsInfo 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness My Fury
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    While I know they will play the persecution card on this, I gotta side with Russia on this. They are an extremist group that preaches hate for outsiders.
  • TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

Hopfully the Watchtower will have to face up not only to liquidation but to confiscation odf properties too. Sorry for the witnesses in Russia but the fact of remaining under the rule of a cult may prove to be dangerous nowadays. 

Hopefully the witnesses  in Russia will not have to face criminal charges and understand that we can love our neighbour without being part of a cult.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

"individuals could be vulnerable to criminal charges for expressing their beliefs."

After reading that, how the hell can anyone support this? How do you all feel about what Russia is doing to gay people? They're basically doing the same thing, making it criminal to be gay.

I'm not a huge fan of the WTS, but rank and file publishers shouldn't be treated as criminals for what they believe or expressing them.

Russia's human rights record is abysmal.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2
    This feeds the persecution complex for sure, but Russia has a horrible human rights record and is in the wrong here.
  • cofty
    cofty

I understand the schadenfreude but speaking as an anti-theist I oppose the banning of religion.

Adults should be free to be as dumb and superstitious as they wish to be.

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros
    Hopefully the witnesses in Russia will not have to face criminal charges and understand that we can love our neighbour without being part of a cult.
  • ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Russia's human rights record is abysmal.

So is the human rights record of Jehovah's Witnesses and the Governing Body.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Let it come. Liquidate them and all that are like them.~ DJS

Come on, DJS, don't beat around the bush. Tell us how you really feel!

While I know they will play the persecution card on this, I gotta side with Russia on this. They are an extremist group that preaches hate for outsiders. ~ OnTheWayOut

The issue here is just WHO will get the job of determining who are the "extremists"?

Hitler labeled the Jews, homosexuals, and JWs as "extremists" and enemies of the State. Do you agree with all of that? Or do you get to "pick and choose". In Russia, who will get to "pick and choose"?

Doc

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    Don't ban them. Tax the shit out of them and levy fines against them. Make it so expensive to be a cult member that they have to walk away or learn to keep their delusions to themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit