RUSSIA: Jehovah's Witnesses face possible liquidation

by AndersonsInfo 57 Replies latest jw friends

• aboveusonlysky
    aboveusonlysky

I think it's a bad idea, if anything it's harmful practices that should banned or prosecuted, not entire religions.

They could make organizationally mandated shunning illegal or bring in more laws against homophobia, not just for jw's, but for any group. To simply ban an entire religion will only drive them underground and make them more extreme in their emotionally abusive behaviour.

• Lieu
    Lieu

I can't agree with Russia from a human rights perspective. With poor treatment of gays and possibly jws, it's a sign that the orthodoxy is taking over. The last time they were in charge there were pogroms against the Jews who were labeled "troublemakers". Sure jws are a PITA but banning religious groups which are not subversive is a step in the wrong direction for any Country.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

JW religion is just as extreme as any other religion, Jews, Moslems, and others have their rules and views too. THis would not be the first time that iconic religion was behind the gov against wt if this is the case now.

• Maryo
    Maryo

Many Germany JWs during WWII found great disappointment how the Watchtower didn't help them in any way while in concentration camps. The Watchtower only degraded many of those that came out of the camps and how many left the 'truth' and became 'materialistic.'

Please give more details about this, Gayle!

• DJS
    DJS

Lieu, "Sure jws are a PITA"

They are more than a PITA. Their teachings and behaviors destroy families and rob individuals of personal conscience, freedom of choice, dreams, hopes, aspirations and ambitions. Their shunning policy and discouraging education create a strain on government resources, not to mention failing to contribute to the greater good of social and economic improvement.

Their segregationist policies based on all other religions and governments soon being destroyed cannot in any manner contribute to a cohesive, forward moving and engaged society. Dubs give less to charities, social and environmental programs than any religion, which should be the primary focus of all religions.

They are a malaise and an infection, and they seem to make a bit of sense only because of their end of time nonsensical fog they are living in and they are typically benign citizenry. Those of us raised in the W world and especially in the US have been enculturated to think that religion has rights that it doesn't have.

We are starting to see that change. Let it come.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Leiu - "I can't agree with Russia from a human rights perspective...."

Probably right.

That being said, I'm not able to muster up a whole of sympathy for the Org in this instance.

(In any instance, really.)

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Their teachings and behaviors destroy families and rob individuals of personal conscience, freedom of choice, dreams, hopes, aspirations and ambitions. Their shunning policy and discouraging education create a strain on government resources, not to mention failing to contribute to the greater good of social and economic improvement. (in reference to JW)

I strongly disagree!!

• DJS
    DJS

FIsh,

Ouchey. That hurt, especially all of the keen insight in support of your disagreement. Cruel, man. Just cruel.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

in support of your disagreement

Millions and millions of jw and families.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Fisherman - "Millions and millions of jw and families."

You're right, that many people couldn't possibly be wrong!

You know, like when millions and millions of people thought that the Earth was the center of the univ...

...oh, wait.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit